The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Mohali (IISER Mohali), invites applications for the posts of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) under the DST-QuST project.
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Mohali (IISER Mohali) is an autonomous public research university established in 2007 at Mohali, Punjab, India.
It is one of the seven Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs), established by the Ministry of Human Resources and Development, Government of India, to research in frontier areas of science and to provide science education at the undergraduate and postgraduate level. It was established after IISER Pune and IISER Kolkata and is recognized as an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India.
Quantum computing, controlling decoherence and quantum simulations on an NMR quantum computer. The project is part of the Cluster proposals under Quantum Information Technologies funded by the Department of Science & Technology, Govt of India.
- Master’s degree in Physics or B.Tech degree in Engineering Physics with a good academic track record.
- MS.c/ B. Tech should be obtained NOT earlier than 2019.
- Familiarity with quantum information and quantum computing theory or experiments, Knowledge of NMR spectroscopy, Linux operating system, Mathematica/Matlab programming.
Three years (Initially position will be for one year, and will be extended on a yearly basis depending on satisfactory performance and funding agency approval).
The emoluments will be as per DST rules.
How to Apply?
- Send a brief CV (Maximum TWO pages) in PDF format ONLY (Max file size 2MB). Clearly mention the Name, Gender, Contact Details, Date of Birth, Educational Qualifications with Board/ University, percentage of marks, and Year of Passing.
- Candidates are requested to send a letter of motivation (Maximum ONE page) in PDF format ONLY (Max file size 1MB) and mention prior experience/ coursework/projects undertaken if any.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be informed via email about details of the online interview.
- Interested candidates are requested to email their application to Prof. Kavita Dorai (email@example.com).
- The last date to apply is October 4, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.