To provide B.Sc., M.Sc., B.S., M.S., B.Tech., and B.E. students of institutions or universities across India an opportunity of exposure to a research environment by associating them with one of the research groups of Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER) during the summer vacation.
- The duration of summer research programme of IISER-K is from 14th May to 13th July, 2018.
- ONLY applications submitted through the portal will be considered for summer internship 2018.
- Each selected candidate will be formally associated with a faculty member of the Institute.
- After joining, each candidate needs original certificate from currently affliated organization (HoD/Supervisor, on letterhead) that she or he is not getting any other financial support.
- For funded interns, a consolidated fellowship amout will be deposited in intern’s bank account directly at the end of the programme.
- On-campus accommodation is mandatory, and is chargeable (or deductible from fellowship amount).
- Access to computational and library facilities will be provided.
- Each candidate must submit a formal Joining report within 1 week of joining, contaning details of the project, bank account details, and approval by selected faculty member.
- A participation certificate will be awarded at the end of the programme.
Students having KVPY/INSPIRE or any other summer research fellowship, and those selected under the Indian Academy of Sciences summer fellowship programme will receive financial support from the respective sponsoring organization.
There is a provision for a limited number of IISER-K summer research fellowships, the details of which will be notified in due time.
- Staying in campus accommodation throughout the period of visit is mandatory unless the research work requires travelling.
- Selected candidates must abide by the rules and regulations applicable to the regular students of IISER-K.
- Submission of a final work report is must for the award of completion certificate.
How to apply
Apply online at this link.
Application portal opens: 10th Feb 2018
Application portal closes: 3rd Mar 2018 at 4.00 PM
Publication of list of selected candidates: 19th Mar 2018
Last date of receiving confirmation from selected candidates: 29th Mar 2018
Summer research programme begins: 14th May 2018
Summer research programme ends: 13th July 2018
For any queries on submission of online applications please write to email@example.com.
For official notification, click here.