Applications are invited from the citizens of India for the Postdoctoral Fellow position for the sponsored project undertaken in the Ant Lab, Department of Biological Sciences, IISER Kolkata. This temporary position is initially for a period of 12 months and tenable only for the duration of the project subject to satisfactory performance.
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata is an autonomous public research university in the science and education field located in Nadia district, West Bengal, India.
Decision making in the context of relocation in an Indian ant: Small brains and big feats?
The candidate will be expected to frame questions within a broader theme, design, and perform behavioral experiments independently and communicate the work they perform. The candidate will also be expected to supervise visiting students and help in lab experiments.
- They are seeking a candidate whose research skills are directly relevant for behavioral biology studies, with demonstrated experience in data analysis, statistics, and scientific writing.
- Preference will be given for candidates who have built models of biological systems and analyzed them.
- The candidate must have a Ph.D. (within the last 2 years) in the area of behavioral/ ecological/ evolutionary biology.
- The age limit is relaxable up to 5 years in the case of candidates belonging to scheduled castes/ tribes/ OBC/ women and physically handicapped candidates.
Rs. 47,000/- per month consolidated (No HRA will be paid)
How to Apply?
Interested candidates are requested to send the application along with a CV in PDF or DOC format with at least the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- complete contact details,
- embedded photograph,
- date of birth,
- educational qualification and performance (including a year of the degree, institution) starting with your BSc or equivalent examinations until your highest degree,
- complete list of publications and a copy of two of your best publication in PDF format,
- a brief summary of your research thesis (within 100 words),
- a brief statement of research interests and future research plans demonstrating relevance for the job description (within 1000 words),
- list of 2 professional referees who can give recommendations with their complete contact details.
It is recommended that you provide all the information in a single DOC or PDF or ZIF file along with the mail. The last date to apply is November 16, 2020.
No TA/ DA will be paid for attending the interview. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by email. Please bring your resume, self-attested photocopy of all mark-sheets, and certificates together with originals for verification. The date of the interview at IISER Kolkata will be notified to selected candidates via email.
For full notification, click the link below.