Applications are invited for the posts of Post-Doctoral Fellow/Research Associate (RA) positions in the Indo-US Virtual network for the COVID-19 project at the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Kolkata.
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata is an autonomous public research university in the science and education field located in Nadia district, West Bengal, India.
Leveraging reverse genetics strategies to study structure-function interplay of virus-host attachment spike protein to design therapies for COVID-19″ under the IUSSTF COVID-19 Virtual Networks.
Post-Doctoral /Research Associate (02)
- Ph.D. in Life Sciences/ Biology or associated field with minimum 60% marks in MSc or equivalent degree and at least one first-author publication in the peer-reviewed international journal.
- Candidates must have a thorough grasp of basic and practical knowledge on Cell biology, immunology, and molecular biology techniques including cloning and expression of proteins with independent ability in executing the research work as supported by their research publication or Ph.D. work.
- Preferences will be given to candidates who have prior practical experiences in working with viruses or infectious pathogen at the molecular and cellular level and or familiar with solvent-based extraction methods and handled instruments like fraction collector and liquid chromatography.
- Comfortable in familiarising oneself with new software tools.
- Good communication skill for scientific writing and presentation is a must. Publications in reputed peer-reviewed journals will be preferred.
- The candidate will be expected to engage in interdisciplinary and collaborative research work.
IUSSTF-Post Doctoral fellowship/ Research Associate.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may send their BIODATA and research statement directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 16th, 2020. Candidates who submitted their thesis can also apply if they fulfill other qualifications. The shortlisted candidates will be called for an online interview.
For full notification, click the link below.