The Indian Institute of Science, Education & Research (IISER), Kolkata invites applications from motivated students for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program for Autumn 2021. The selected candidates can do a Ph.D. in any of the following disciplines: Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Computational Data Sciences, Earth Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics, Physical Sciences.
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata (IISER-K or IISER Kolkata) is an autonomous public research university in the science and education field located at Kalyani in Nadia district, West Bengal, India. It was established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development in 2006 and promoted to the status of an Institute of National Importance in 2012 vide the NIT Amendment Act.
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Computational & Data Sciences
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Maths & Statistics
- CAFM (Centre for Advanced Functional Materials)
- For Biological Sciences: Applications are invited from motivated candidates having master’s degrees such as M.Sc/ MS/ ME/ M.Tech/ MVSc/ MSc(Ag) degree or equivalent (with minimum 55% marks) in any branch of biological sciences.
- For Chemical Sciences: Bright and motivated candidates who have passed an M.Sc. examination with a minimum of 55% marks in any field of Chemistry or Physics. Besides satisfying minimal eligibility criteria, the candidates must have CSIR/ UGC-NET JRF, INSPIRE fellowship, or other equivalent fellowships.
- For Computational & Data Sciences: Bright and motivated candidates with a Master’s degree with a minimum of 55% marks or CGPA/CPI of 6.5 on a 10-point scale in any field of Computer Science. Besides satisfying minimal eligibility criteria, the candidates are expected to have CSIR/ UGC-NET JRF, INSPIRE fellowship, or other equivalent fellowships.
- For Humanities & Social Sciences: A Master’s degree in Economics or any other subject with a minimum of 55% marks or CGPA/ CPI of 6.5 on a 10-point scale. Non-economics candidates must have mathematics/ statistics as a subject under graduation level. Candidates having their own valid Ph.D. fellowship (UGC/CSIR-NET JRF or any other equivalent fellowship) are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For Earth Sciences: MS/ M.Sc./ M.Tech (with minimum of 55% marks) in Geology/ Applied Gaeology/ Geophysics/ Earth Sciences/ Marine Geology/ Environmental Sciences/ Environmental Studies/ Atmospheric Science/ Environmental Engineering/ Civil Engineering or any other branch of Geological sciences.
- For Physical Sciences: Masters degree with at least 60% aggregate marks in any field of Physical Sciences.
- For CAFM: Bright and motivated candidates who have obtained M.Sc. and/ or M.Tech. degree with a minimum of 55% marks in the areas of Chemistry, Physics, or Biology. Unless specified, the candidates must have CSIR/ UGC-NET JRF, INSPIRE fellowship, or other equivalent fellowship.
- For Maths and Statistics: A Master’s degree in Mathematics with a minimum of 55% marks or CGPA/CPI of 6.5 on a 10-point scale OR A Master’s degree in Statistics with a minimum of 55% marks or CGPA/CPI of 6.5 on a 10-point scale.
How to Apply?
To apply online for the Ph.D. Programs, click here. The last date to apply is April 15, 2021.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.