Applications are invited for the position of Junior Research Fellow (1 position) under Har-Govind Khorana IYBA Project entitled ‘A Structural Topology-based Electrostatic Model (STEM) of RNA to investigate functional conformational changes of bacterial and viral RNA’.
The position is funded by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India. The JRF position will be awarded for a period of one year (extendable strictly based on the research progress and performance).
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata is an autonomous public research university in the science and education field located in Nadia district, West Bengal, India.
Junior Research Fellow (01)
- First-class (or CGPA OF 7.0 and above at a scale of 10) in MSc in Chemistry (Physical), or MSc in Physics or Biophysics or M.Tech in Biotechnology (Other subject areas will not be entertained)
- Qualified CSIR-UGC NET (including LS) or GATE examination.
- Candidates should be below 28 years of age at the time of application.
- The candidate is expected to have a strong interest in doing computational biophysics/ biophysical chemistry research with a good understanding of physical chemistry/ chemical physics concepts and very good programming skills.
You might also be interested in Project Scientist at IIT Kanpur [Salary Upto Rs. 66k]: Apply by Dec 24.
JRF (Rs. 31000/- plus 24% HRA)
How to Apply?
A detailed CV prior to the interview must be emailed to email@example.com latest by 17th December 2020 (last date of application). Only shortlisted candidates will be requested to send the following documents before their online interview:
- Two sealed recommendation letters from a teacher and/ or academic mentor;
- Self-attested copies of degree certificates with originals.
- Any other relevant documents.
The online interview will be held on December 18, 2020, from 3 pm onwards.
The decision of the selection committee will be final. The selected candidate may be terminated with a 30-day notice before completion of tenure if their performance is deemed unsatisfactory. The requirements of minimum qualification and/ or experience and age may be relaxed in the case of candidates with outstanding credentials.
Dr. Susmita Roy, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical Sciences
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata, Mohanpur-741246, West Bengal, India
For full notification, click the link below.