Applications are invited for the BS-MS programmes at the INDIAN INSTITUTES OF SCIENCE EDUCATION & RESEARCH (IISER) at Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram and Tirupati via KVPY and SCB Channels.
Candidates who have passed 10+2 or equivalent level exam with science stream in 2019 or 2020 are eligible to apply for admissions.
Candidates will be admitted to IISER only through following three channels.
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel
- Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Advanced) of the Indian Institutes of Technology
- State and Central Boards Channel (SCB)
These channels will be referred to as KVPY, JEE, and SCB, respectively.
Indian nationals and students belonging to PIO or OCI category are eligible to apply provided they satisfy the eligibility criteria described below.
Candidates having a valid KVPY fellowship commencing from 2020-21 academic session are eligible to apply for admissions. Additional cut-off criteria for marks obtained in 10+2 board examination is also applicable.
Candidates in General category securing a rank within 10000 in the Common Rank List (CRL) of JEE Advanced 2020 are eligible to apply. For candidates belonging to the reserved category (OBC-NC, SC, ST, PD), their category rank should be within 10000. Additional cut-off criteria for marks obtained in 10+2 board examination is also applicable.
- Students who have passed 10+2 level with science stream in 2019 or 2020 are eligible to apply for admissions and appear for IAT 2020.
- However, they will be considered for admissions to the degree programmes only if they obtain the cut-off marks specified for their board.
- Students applying through SCB channel will have to appear in the IISER Aptitude Test (IAT) which will be conducted at various centres across the country.
IISER Aptitude Test 2020
The IISER Aptitude Test 2020 will be conducted in the computer-based test mode. The syllabus for the aptitude test is available here.
The format of the aptitude test is as follows:
- Multiple-choice questions (each with only one correct answer) in four subjects – Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics with equal weightage
- 15 questions in each subject (total: 60) Duration: 180 minutes
- Evaluation: +3 (for each correct response), 0 (for each no response), -1 (for each wrong response)
The sample questions for the aptitude test are available below.
The tentative date for the aptitude test is Aug 12, 2020 but may be revised based on COVID19 situation.
How to apply
Click here to apply online.
The deadline to apply is July 22.
For online application help support email to IISER2020.firstname.lastname@example.org
For the official website, click the link below.