Applications are open for the admission to BS Degree and BS-MS Dual Degree Programs 2019 at IISER spread across the country.
To promote high-quality science education, research, and training, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, has set up seven Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs) at Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram, and Tirupati.
About the BS-MS Degree Programme:
It is a five-year degree program for bright and motivated science students who have passed class 10+2 or equivalent. Most IISERs offer BS-MS (Dual Degree) in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics. Earth and Environmental Sciences is available at select IISERs. For details please visit the website of individual IISERs.
The BS-MS program integrates classroom learning with research and provides ample scope for multidisciplinary interactions. The program consists of core courses in basic sciences and specialization in chosen subjects along with an MS research project. The training during this program enables students to pursue careers in academia, R&D institutes, and industries.
Additionally, IISER Bhopal offers four year BS programmes in Economics and Engineering Sciences. Mathematics at 10+2 level is mandatory for candidates seeking admission to both these BS programmes.
There are three channels of admission. Candidates will be admitted to IISER only through these channels.
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel.
- Joint Entrance Examination of Indian Institutes of Technology (JEE) channel.
- State and Central Boards Channel (SCB) channel.
Candidates having a valid KVPY fellowship commencing from 2019-20 academic session are eligible to apply for admissions. Additional cut-off criteria may be applicable.
Candidates in General category securing a rank within 10000 in the Common Rank List (CRL) of JEE Advanced 2019 are eligible to apply. For candidates belonging to the reserved category (OBCNC, SC, ST, PD), their category rank should be within 10000.
- Students who have passed 10+2 level with science stream in 2018 or 2019 are eligible to apply for admissions and appear for IAT 2019.
- However, they will be considered for admissions to the degree programmes only if they obtain the cut-off marks specified for their board. Please see the cut-off criteria here.
- Students applying through SCB channel will have to appear in the IISER Aptitude Test (IAT) which will be conducted at various centres across the country.
How to Apply?
Click here to start your application.
- General: Rs. 2000.
- SC/ST & PD Candidates: Rs. 1000.
|Dates||KVYP Channel||JEE-Advanced Channel||SCB Channel|
|Sunday, March 31, 2019||Application portal opens|
|Monday, 6th May 2019, 9 AM||Application portal closes at 9 AM|
|Monday, May 20, 2019||Downloading of hall tickets begins (tentative – earlier start date is likely)|
|Sunday, May 26, 2019||Application portal opens at 9 AM (tentative)|
|Sunday, June 02, 2019||IISER Aptitude Test during 11 AM-2PM (tentative)|
|Saturday, June 15, 2019||Application portal opens at 9 AM (tentative)|
|Thursday, June 20, 2019||Application portal closes at 5 PM (tentative)||Application portal closes at 5 PM (tentative)|
- Email: ask-jac2019 [at] iiserb.ac.in
- Phone: +91 755 269 2500