The Indian Institute of Science, a leading institution of higher learning with a strong tradition of research, offers a four-year Bachelor of Science (Research) Programme which is designed as a balanced blend of core science and interdisciplinary topics to serve as a platform for attractive career opportunities in academia and industry.
Students who complete the requirements for the award of the Bachelor of Science (Research) degree will have the option of getting a Master of Science degree by studying at the Institute for a fifth year.
Candidates who have completed their II PUC / 12th Standard in 2018 and those who are expecting to complete their II PUC / 12th Standard in 2019 are eligible to apply.
The candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects during their II PUC / 12th Standard.
Candidates who have studied Biology, Statistics, Electronics, Computer Science, etc., in addition to Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are also eligible to apply.
The candidates must have secured a first class or 60% or equivalent grade (relaxed to pass class for SC/ST candidates) in the II PUC / 12th Standard examination.
Based on the merit list of one of the following national examinations:
- KVPY-SA [appeared in 2017 and selected for the Fellowship]
- KVPY-SB [appeared in 2018 and selected for the Fellowship]
- KVPY-SX [appeared in 2018 and selected for the Fellowship]
- KVPY-SA and SX Fellows selected through the Empowerment Initiative for SC/ST candidates
- IIT-JEE-Main [appearing in 2019 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 54% (EWS), 30% (SC/ST/PwD)]
- IIT-JEEAdvanced [appearing in 2019 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 54% (EWS), 30% (SC/ST/PwD)]
- NEET-UG [appearing in 2019 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 54% (EWS), 30% (SC/ST/PwD)].
Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/Economically Weaker Sections (amongst General category)/Person with disability (PwD) and Kashmiri-Migrant (KM) candidates: As per Government of India regulations.
How to apply
The online application may be prepared and submitted by accessing the IISc website.
The application fee is Rs. 500/- for GN/OBC/KM candidates and Rs. 250/- for SC/ST/PwD categories.
Last date for submission of online applications is 30.04.2019.
You may send an email seeking clarifications to the Dean, Undergraduate Program and the email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also there is a 24 x 7 Helpline – 9845103264 – send an sms or whatsapp msg.
For official notification, click here.