Call for Papers: IISc Bangalore’s International Symposium on Earthen Structures [August 22-24, 2018]: Submit by Sep 30
About the Symposium
The symposium will provide an International Forum for information dissemination and exchange, discussions and debates on research and sustainable practice in the broad field of earthen structures, including materials, building techniques, climate responsive architecture, building-comfort, energy in buildings, climate-change mitigation and emission reduction.
The symposium aims to bring together practicing professionals (engineers and architects), manufacturers, building professionals, designers, academics, researchers and students keenly interested and engaged in the theory and practice of ‘earthen structures’ for sustainability.
The following themes can include case-studies, research and innovations in earthen structures
1. Earthen materials and technology (adobe, rammed earth, stabilised earth, cob, etc.)
2. Energy and Environmental performance
3. Structural performance and durability
4. Architecture/ design
5. Heritage: conservation, repair & reuse
6. Indoor Air Quality
7. Codes and design guidelines
8. Climate-change mitigation
9. Seismic performance and design
- Submission of abstract: 30 September 2017
- Notification of Acceptance: 30 November 2017
- Submission of paper: 28 February 2018
- Notification of paper Acceptance (including revisions): 30 April 2018
Submission of Abstract
- Login or create login-id , where the system will enable New users (author/participant) to create an account by filling the credentials and register. Upon registering, a verification link will be sent to your registered email for activating.
- Please login with the login information provided during registration to access user portal.
- In the user portal, go to all conferences tab, search and select “International Symposium on Earthen Structures”. This will enable “International Symposium on Earthen Structures” in my conference tab.
- Click on the “International Symposium on Earthen Structures” link enabled in my conferences, this will guide the user to “Author Console” to upload a new abstract/paper submission.
How to Register?
Those who wish to register and submit a manuscript/paper kindly read submission guidelines and click here. Those who wish to register (not submit) Kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to pre-register for the conference.
To know more details about the symposium, click for its website here.
About the Author