About IISc Bangalore
Indian Institute of Science is a public institute for research and higher education in science, engineering, design, and management. It is located in Bangalore, India, was established in 1909 with active support from Jamshedji Tata and H.H. Sir Krishnaraja Wodeyar IV, the Maharaja of Mysore.
The Indian Institute of Science boasts an ever-growing platter of enthralling Science events, quizzes, open mics, workshops, fun and game zones, OTG events and street performances at Pravega. It’s upto one’s appetite to juice out their share.
The evenings come to life and the fireworks cannot be stopped at the cultural extravaganzas in town. Lined with the best artists from the country and abroad, goosebumps are a regular artefact to get used to.
- Science Journalism: Awareness with a flavour of immersive science concept and a dash of intricate development of ideas is a science-lover’s favourite diet.
- IBM Hackathon: With increasing fake articles and news circulating on various forms of social media, the time and energy to sort between the true and the made-up simply seems not worth it. We invite you to align your problem solving and coding skills to tackle this situation.
- Explain the Concept: Announcing Pravega’s one-of-a-kind science communication event, Explain The Concept, which aims to bring together some of the best expository video makers in the country along with illustrious professors and leading edutech companies to discuss, work on, collaborate and produce novel and high quality explanatory video content at both the high school and collegiate level.
- Vignettora: Pride yourself on your ability to concoct vivid tales out of thin air? Fancy your gift of being able to wing spectacular tales out of the blue, or that of being able to compose a riveting narrative? Wield a pen, and let your mind wander.
- Footprints: You can participate in the age old tradition of street art here! Come express yourself in English, Hindi or Kannada!
- Inter School Event: Feel the tingling sensation of excitement as you represent your school in a thinking-based science quiz at the Indian Institute of Science.
- Pravega Innovation Summit: An initiative to bring the pillars of scientific growth and innovation together and provide a platform for networking, exchanging of ideas and fostering collaboration.
Jan 18-20, 2019
Shrey Gupta, Convener: firstname.lastname@example.org