The Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore invites applications from intensely motivated individuals with an established record of high-quality research, for the positions of Raman Post-Docs. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), and foreign nationals are also eligible to apply.
The candidates can apply any time during the year. A candidate applies for a specific Department or Centre at the Institute.
The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) has been recognized as an Institution of Eminence (IoE) by the Government of India. As a part of the IoE initiative, IISc has created the Raman Post-Doc Program, a highly selective Post-Doc program with 50 positions.
- Biological Sciences: Biochemistry; Centre for Ecological Sciences; Centre for Neuroscience; Microbiology and Cell Biology; Molecular Biophysics Unit; Molecular Reproduction, Development, and Genetics.
- Chemical Sciences: Inorganic and Physical Chemistry; Materials Research Centre; Organic Chemistry; Solid State and Structural Chemistry Unit.
- Physical and Mathematical Sciences: Centre for High Energy Physics; Instrumentation and Applied Physics; Mathematics; Physics.
- Electrical, Electronics, and Computer Sciences (EECS): Computer Science and Automation; Electrical Communication Engineering; Electrical Engineering; Electronic Systems Engineering.
- Mechanical Sciences: Aerospace Engineering; Centre for Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences; Centre for Earth Sciences; Centre for Product Design and Manufacturing; Centre for Sustainable Technologies; Chemical Engineering; Civil Engineering; Materials Engineering; Mechanical Engineering;
- Interdisciplinary Research: Centre for Biosystems Science and Engineering; Centre for Nano Science and Engineering; Computational and Data Sciences, Management Studies.
- Other Interdisciplinary Centres: Centre for Infrastructure, Sustainable Transportation and Urban Planning; Divecha Centre for Climate Change; Interdisciplinary Centre for Energy Research; Interdisciplinary Centre for Water Research; Robert Bosch Centre for Cyber-Physical Systems.
Ph.D. with First Class or equivalent (in terms of grades, etc.) in the preceding degree and a good academic record throughout. Candidates who are expecting to submit the Ph.D. thesis shortly may also apply but their applications will be considered only after thesis submission. Candidates should preferably be less than 32 years of age at the time of applying.
The duration of the fellowship is two years. In exceptional cases, the duration may be extended by one more year.
Selected candidates will receive a consolidated monthly package of Rs. 1 Lakh. In addition, they will receive a research grant of Rs. 8 Lakhs per year.
How to Apply?
To download the application form, click here. Candidates must first contact a faculty member in the Institute who is willing to host the candidate. A consent letter or consent email is required from the faculty member as a part of the application package.
The following documents are required along with the application:
- Curriculum Vitae with a list of all publications.
- PDF files of at least two and up to five important publications.
- Proposed research plan (up to 500 words).
- Consent letter or email from a faculty member. Please get in touch with the faculty member offline and obtain the consent of the faculty member for hosting you.
- Any other relevant information the applicant may like to furnish.
The filled-out PDF form must be saved as a PDF file, and a single PDF file needs to be made along with the required documents. This single PDF file must be emailed to the Registrar, Indian Institute of Science at the email address: email@example.com, with a copy to the chair of the Department/ Centre in which the candidate would like to work and to the faculty member who is willing to host the candidate.
Phone Number: +91-80-2293244
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Post-Doctoral Fellow at IIT Ropar [Monthly Fellowship Upto Rs. 55k]: Apply by Nov 13.