Admissions Open: MBA in Digital Governance and Management @ IIM Visakhapatnam: Apply by July 10
The Post Graduate Program in Digital Governance and Management (PGP-DGM) leading to the award of Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree is being launched by the Indian Institute of Management Visakhapatnam (IIMV), an institution of national importance, under the aegis of the National e-Governance Division (NeGD), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Govt. of India (GOI).
The ﬁrst batch of the Program (2019-21) is scheduled to commence on 9th September 2019 (Monday).
The Program is of 18-month duration, spread over 4 terms of 4.5 months each. It is a blended-learning model with a judicious combination of traditional and virtual class-room modes.
This is in tune with the importance and rising trend of online programs being oﬀered by educational institutions nationally and internationally. Blended-mode of course-delivery addresses the constraints of working professionals in having to be away from work for extended durations of time, typically necessitated by fully on-campus, residential programs.
The Program is designed for an immersive and active learning experience for participants. The selected candidates will be required to complete the ‘Domestic component’ as well as the ‘International component’ of about 2 weeks at an international institution/university.
In addition, participants would be required to carry out a Capstone Project of practical importance, with potential for implementation in the Digital Governance & Management space.
The Program is meant for experienced oﬃcers/executives/professionals who are keen on:
- Catalysing the success of digitalization and digital management initiatives in their respective areas of work; and/or
- Leading as champions and managers of change, through enriched contribution to digital governance and management processes.
Applicants with such interests could be:
- Oﬃcers of All India Services, Central Services – organized & nonorganized, technical & non-technical, faculty members of State Administrative Training Institutes, and, for oﬃcers of the State Civil Services (SCS) & Non-State Civil Services (Non-SCS);
- Oﬃcers from the Public Sector (Central/State) and Private Sector Enterprises;
- Professionals (independent/self-employed) associated with digitalization initiatives.
Graduates (in any discipline) with minimum 55% marks or equivalent (relaxation as permissible for deserving categories)
Central/State Government nominees: Not more than 50 years
All others: As per the extant policy/rule (if any) of the respective organisations.
Experience (as on 10/7/2019): Minimum 5 years
Weights and qualifying criteria for each component will be decided by Academic Council of IIMV, empowered under the IIM Act 2017)
- Examination [Common Admission Test (CAT) of IIMs or similar]
- Written Ability Test (WAT) with Case Analysis
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Technical knowledge & Domain experience (current engagement in e-Governance projects; exposure to digital technologies and applications; capacity for problem identiﬁcation & solution implementation; etc.)
- Gender Diversity
- Group Discussion (GD) and/or Personal Interview (PI)
How to apply
For Part A, click here. This has to be submitted by July 10, 2019.
For Part B, click here. This is to be submitted at the time of the interview.
For Bond, click here. This is to be submitted at the time of registration.
|Application Submission *||July 10, 2019|
|IIMV Admission test *||July 14, 2019|
|Personal Interview *&||Aug 04, 2019|
|Admission Offers *#||Aug 19, 2019|
|Registration, Orientation and Program Commencement *||September 09, 2019|
* These dates are tentative and subject to change if required.
& Only the shortlisted candidates will be called for interview
# Only those candidates who have been shortlisted after the interview will be intimated by e-mail.
For the official website, click here.
You may also be interested in:
About the Author
Loved my student life, love talking to students now. I am a wearer of multiple hats (wife, mom, cook, chauffeur). My job is my hobby! :)