IIM Ranchi invites applications from PhD Management students for Post doctoral fellow for the year 2021. The last date of application submission is 24 March 2021.
The Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Management (PDFM) is designed keeping in view IIM Ranchi’s goal to create a high quality research environment in the institute. Its objective is to support high quality research by scholars with a doctoral degree and an outstanding academic record. It would be instituted in IIMR as part of its research outreach activities. Up to five fellowships would be made available per year.
The fellowships are granted for an initial period of one year, which can be extended by another year subject to satisfactory performance in the first year. The final number of positions awarded in a given year will depend on the number of suitable candidates identified through quarterly screening process. The research work during the postdoctoral period should be in areas that are of interest both to the postdoctoral fellows and the Institute.
Fellows selected for the PDFM will conduct academic research jointly with a resident faculty member in their area of interest. Broadly, PDFM would focus on the issues faced by businesses- small or large, public or private in developing and developed countries. Hailing from institutes in India and from abroad, the fellows would come with a diverse set of Ph.D. backgrounds including those grounded in the basic disciplines.
While some join immediately upon completion of their Ph.Ds, others may come to with some work experience. The Fellows would add significantly to the academic vibrancy of the IIM Ranchi through their own research, as well as by working jointly with faculty members on research, by presenting seminars, and by aiding in teaching.
- Accounting & Finance
- General Management -Business Law, Business Ethics, Regulatory Environment & Business Communication
- Information Systems & Business Analytics
- Marketing Management
- Organizational Behavior & Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Strategic Management
Applicants must have a consistently good academic record and demonstrated research potential. and
Candidates with a Ph.D. Degree or who have submitted their thesis for Ph.D degree may also apply. The thesis must be in appropriate discipline. and
The age limit for applicants for the Post-Doctoral Fellowship will be a maximum of 40 years (this limit may be relaxed by 5 years for women and reserved category).
- Click Here (Only Online applications will be accepted.)
- The last date for receiving the Online application form is March 24, 2021.
- Selection will be based on demonstrated research skills and a fit with the research interests of resident faculty. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to campus to present their research before a final decision is made.
- Past research I Ph.D. thesis work demonstrating potential for scholarly work would facilitate the initial shortlist process.
- The shortlisted candidates will be invited for on-campus presentation and interview.
- The candidates selected for the PDFM will be attached to the given area and will be associated with a faculty member of the group who will essentially perform the role of a mentor and collaborator.
- Selection will be based on demonstrated research skills and a fit with the research interests of resident faculty.
- Each selected Research Fellow would receive a grant of approximately Rs. 50,000 per month.
- Contingency Grant: A contingency grant of Rs. 50,000 per annum will be provided to the post- doctoral research fellow for research purposes.
- The IIM Ranchi would pay the expenses for a fellow to attend one conference abroad from an approved list of conferences if their joint paper with a resident faculty member is accepted for presentation at that conference.
- Office space will be provided to post-doctoral research fellows along with a computer and printer. They will be issued special research library card, enabling them to borrow up to ten books from the library at a time.
- A post-doctoral research fellow will be eligible for leave from the fellowship not exceeding 30 days in a year for each completed year of the fellowship. The leave can be availed on a pro-rata basis for the duration (on a 6 months’ basis) of the fellowship completed.
Doctoral Programme Office
Phone: +91 651 2280113/Extn- 163