IIM Kashipur invites applications for the PhD programme 2020.
For its Doctoral Programme (PhD) IIM Kashipur seeks high-quality candidates with strong academic background, preferably with professional experience, and intellectual curiosity needed for scholarship in management.
Areas of Specialization/Interest Offered
- Finance and Accounting
- Human Resource and Organizational Behavior
- Information Technology and Systems
- Operations Management and Decision Sciences
- Public Policy and Governance *
*Students admitted in Centre for excellence in Public Policy and Governance will be provided the fellowship and other financial assistance from the centre.
Candidates for the programme must have one of the following qualifications obtained from any of the universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of parliament or declared to be deemed as a university under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India, or an equivalent qualification from an institution approved by AICTE.
- A master’s degree in any discipline with at least 60% marks or equivalent grade point average.
- A professional qualification – CA/ICWA/CS with graduation degree with atleast 60% marks or equivalent
- 4 years / 8 semester bachelor’s degree (B.E./B. Tech./B. Arch. etc.) with at least 6.5 CGPA or equivalent percentage.
Students admitted to Ph.D. Programme are provided fellowships.
The fellowship covers all academic expenses (consisting of tuition fees and library).
In addition, a student in the first and second year will be entitled to a monthly fellowship of Rs. 30,000, in the third year he/she will be eligible for Rs. 33,000 and in the fourth and fifth year Rs. 35,000.
An additional one time allowance of Rs. 50,000 is provided as equipment grant to enable students to purchase their own personal computer. In addition to this, Rs 25000/- per year is given as contingency grant to meet other academic expenses and Rs 2 lacs is given for attending international conferences of repute.
How to apply
Candidates seeking admission to the programme are required to submit an online application: Link 1 or Link 2 on or before 25th January 2020.
The printed copy of filled application form along with necessary documents should reach the Admission Office, IIM Kashipur, Kundeshwari, Kashipur, Udham Singh Nagar, Uttarakhand -244713 on or before 31st January 2020 through Speed/Registered Post only.
A fee of Rs. 1000/- payable for the application process. The application fee is exempted for SC and ST category applicants. Applicants may transfer the money in Institutes account through NEFT. The required details are as follows:
Beneficiary Name: Indian Institute of Management Kashipur
Beneficiary A/c No: 33809601691
A/c Type: Saving Bank account
IFSC Code: SBIN0017263
Beneficiary Bank: State Bank of India
Bank Address: IIM Kashipur, Bazpur Road, Kashipur
- Last Date for submitting online application form: 25th January 2020
- Last Date for submitting filled application form (through speed post/registered post only): 31st January 2020
- E-mail Communication to be sent to applicants shortlisted for interview: 4th March 2020
- Personal interviews at IIM Kashipur Campus: 7th April 2020
- Announcement of first offer list: 17th April 2020
- Last date for confirmation and payment of fee by the candidate from first offer list: 30th April 2020
- Offers to waitlisted candidates: 5th May 2020
- Last date for confirmation and payment of the fee by the waitlisted candidates: 25th May 2020
- Registration and Commencement of the Programme, Induction and Preparatory classes: Third week of June 2020
For any query related to the application process, you may please contact the Admissions Office: +91- 7900444091 (Ext-312)
Click here for the official notification.