The Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Jammu invites applications for admission into its Ph.D. Program for the upcoming academic session.
Indian Institute of Management Jammu is a public, autonomous business school located in Jammu, Jammu & Kashmir, India. Established in 2016, it is, as of 2019, the latest Indian Institute of Management to be established. Prof. B. S. Sahay is the Founder Director of IIM Jammu.
Candidates must possess one of the following qualifications to apply for IIM Jammu’s doctoral program:
- A Master’s Degree (bachelor’s degree obtained in 10+2+3 pattern, followed by a master’s degree ) or a 5-year Integrated Master’s Degree (obtained after completing higher secondary schooling in 10+2 pattern) in any discipline, with at least 60 percent marks in the bachelor’s as well as in the master’s degree. Or
- A professional qualification like CA, ICWA, CS, with at least 50 percent marks
- Five years/ four-year Integrated Master’s degree program in any discipline, with at least 60 percent marks, obtained after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent. Or
- A 4 year/ 8 semesters Bachelor’s degree (10+2+4 pattern) with at least 6.5 CGPA or equivalent marks.
Those who are appearing for their final year examination in the current academic year may also apply. However, their admission to the program will be provisional subject to their successful completion of all requirements for obtaining the relevant degree before 30th June 2021. In addition, the applicant must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in both secondary and higher secondary examinations of a board or equivalent.
Candidates who have appeared/are appearing for the CAT/ GMAT/ GRE/ GATE/ JRF(UGC/ CSIR) (three years from the date of the standard test and should be valid on the deadline of submission of the application form) will be shortlisted on the basis of the details in the application form and the scores of tests as detailed below. Only the shortlisted candidates will then be called for interviews in the Month of May 2021 at IIM Jammu Campus.
- Business Policy, Strategy & Entrepreneurship: CAT/ GRE/ GMAT/ JRF (UGC/CSIR) *
- Economics & Business Environment: CAT/ GRE/ GMAT/ JRF (UGC/CSIR)
- Finance and Accounting: CAT/ GRE/ GMAT/ JRF (UGC/CSIR) *
- IT Systems & Analytics: CAT/ GRE/ GMAT/ JRF (UGC/CSIR) *
- Marketing OB & HRM: CAT/ GRE/ GMAT/ JRF (UGC/CSIR) *
- Operations & Supply Chain Management: CAT/ GMAT/ GRE/ GATE/ JRF (UGC/ CSIR) *
*The JRF- (UGC/CSIR) scores should be in a discipline relevant to the Area being applied to.
IIM Jammu full-time Research Scholars are provided, fellowships. The fellowship covers all academic expenses (consisting of tuition, computer, library, placement, and alumni fees) and living expenses (comprising boarding and lodging). In addition, a research scholar in the first and second year will be entitled to a monthly stipend of 35,000 per month, after the second year or after clearing the Comprehensive exam, whichever is later, he/ she will be eligible for 40,000 per month. Additional allowances will also be available to the candidate as follows:
- Contingency Allowance: 40,000 per year.
- Purchase of Laptop: 50,000 one-time allowance
- Attend International and National Conferences: Up to 2,00,000 during the Ph.D. program after completion of a comprehensive exam.
Selected candidates need to pay a caution deposit of 30,000/- at the time of registration. Caution money is refundable after adjusting dues, if any, at the time of leaving the Institute.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is March 31, 2021.
This admission process is applicable for the Doctoral Programme 2021 admissions cycle only. IIM Jammu reserves the right to change/ modify any part of the process, with due notice, at any stage of the admission process.
For full notification, click the link below.