This is a fully residential programme which will expose participants to ten classic papers published in top journals. These papers are carefully chosen by expert and contain the following two features:
- talk about interesting problems and focus on strong methodology; and
- replicable empirical findings.
The participants will be guided by a team of eminent faculty from India and abroad to walk through these papers to understand the ‘the art of writing’ high-quality papers and in the process learn some solid research methods.
The pre-summer school tutorial on Financial Econometrics will help participants learn important statistical methods and techniques that are commonly used in research in Finance and Accounting. The tutorial will cover the following topics:
- Event Study
- Multiple Regression
- ARIMA models
The pre-summer school tutorial fee is ₹ 8000/- plus applicable GST for participants from India. The tutorial fee for overseas participants is US$ 300 per person.The fee would include course materials, accommodation on single occupancy basis and all meals.
The ten selected papers will be sent to the registered participants in advance. The participants are supposed to study these papers before attending the school. These ten papers will be drawn from five broad topics in the area of empirical finance and accounting. Each topic will be anchored by an eminent faculty.
- Corporate Governance
- Earnings Management
- Corporate Finance
- Market Microstructure
- The course fee is ₹ 35,000 plus applicable GST for participants from India.
- The course fee for overseas participants is US$ 1000 per person.
- The fee would include course materials, accommodation on twin sharing basis and all meals (Those who wants single accommodation have to pay ₹ 1500/- extra per night).
Last date of registration is March 31, 2018.
Ms. Priyanka Dasgupta