The Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC), invites applications for the post of Director.
Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC) is a premier business school in India. It was the first Indian Institute of Management to be established in 1961. Over the years, IIMC has grown into a mature institution with a global reputation, imparting high-quality management education. It has been playing a pioneering role in professionalizing Indian management through its Post Graduate and Doctoral level programs, Executive Training Programs, Research and Consulting Activities.
- IIMC seeks to appoint a Director to lead the institution in maintaining and extending its leadership edge among peers and building higher-visibility globally through greater collaboration with academia and industry.
- The individual is expected to provide strong academic leadership so that the Institute is recognized for its excellence in management research and education; as a significant contributor to the “nation-building effort” and the making of policy at the National level.
- The candidate should be a person with eminent academic credentials, with proven experience in academic administration, fundraising, and institution building.
- Especially in light of the autonomy resulting from the IIM Act, the individual will also be responsible for fundraising and creating endowments.
- The candidate should have the capability of providing leadership to build on IIMC’s strong foundation and track record and take it to the next level in line with its mission and vision.
- The applicant shall be a distinguished academic with Ph.D. or equivalent having at least fifteen years teaching or research experience and shall have worked as a Full Professor at a reputed institution for at least seven years; or shall have industry experience at a higher level for at least fifteen years.
- The candidate shall be an Indian Citizen or an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI).
- The age of the applicant for the post of Director shall not be more than sixty years as on the first day of January of the year of advertisement for the post.
- The appointment will be guided by the IIM Act 2017.
- The candidate appointed as Director shall hold office for the tenure of appointment on a contract basis for a period of 5 (five) years or till he or she completes the age of sixty-five years, whichever is earlier.
How to Apply?
Those interested should send their CV to SCSCemail@example.com and also post/courier a copy to, Chairperson, Search Cum Selection Committee, Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, Joka, Diamond Harbour Road, Kolkata 700104. All applications must reach the Search Cum Selection Committee, by email and regular mail on or before 10 April 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.