The Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Bangalore is organizing an Online Course on Banking and Financial Markets from July 27 to October 30, 2020.
This course will look at banking and financial markets from a risk management perspective where you will learn about how to measure and manage credit risk, interest rate risk, foreign exchange risk, operational risk, off-balance-sheet risk, etc. in any financial system.
The course will be taught by P. C. Narayan, who is a faculty member in the Finance & Accounting Area at the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB), where he has been teaching since 2003. His areas of research interest and expertise include risk management, banking, and financial markets, international finance, regulation, and monetary policy and technology related to banking and financial markets.
The course will help participants to learn about:
- Liquidity and solvency issues in financial institutions and markets and how they could be managed.
- The structure of asset securitization and credit derivatives and their role in managing (sometimes augmenting) risks in any financial system.
- How to measure, quantify, and analyze the level and degree of financial risk over a stipulated time frame using different tools and techniques such as Value at Risk (VaR), Stress Test, etc.
- The role of regulation and monetary policy to ensure the stability and longevity of any financial system and minimize the impact of possible adverse outcomes and contagion effects implicit in any financial crisis, particularly when the financial systems are globally interconnected.
- Overview of Risk Management in Banking and Financial Markets
- Liquidity & Solvency Risk
- Overview of Liquidity and Solvency
- Managing Liquidity (CRR and SLR)
- Managing Solvency & Capital
- Adequacy (BASEL- I)
- Liquidity Risk Management
- Operational Risk: Measuring and Managing Operational Risk
- Retail Lending
- Lending to SMEs
- Measuring and Managing Credit Risk
- Monitoring Credit Risk
- Credit Risk Assessment Models
- Loan Concentration Risk
- Loan Portfolio Risk
- Off-Balance Sheet Risk
You will have to appear at the allotted exam center and produce your Hall ticket and Government Photo Identification Card (Example: Driving License, Passport, PAN card, Voter ID, Aadhaar-ID with your Name, date of birth, photograph and signature) for verification and take the exam in person. You can find the final allotted exam center details in the hall ticket.
The questions will be on the computer and the answers will have to be entered on the computer; type of questions may include multiple-choice questions, fill in the blanks, etc.
Interested candidates can register for the online course by clicking here.
The course will be covered in a duration of 6 weeks from July 17 to October 30, 2020. The last date to register is August 31, 2020.
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in IIT Kharagpur’s Online Course on Robotics [Jul 20-Sept 11]: Register by July 27.