The Centre for Digital Transformation, Indian Institute of Ahmedabad (IIM), Ahmedabad invites application for three research associate positions starting April 2021.
Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad is a business school located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. It is consistently ranked among the top business schools in India. The school has been accorded the status of an Institute of National Importance by the Ministry of Human Resources, Government of India in 2017.
- The position involves working on different research projects focused on the key issues related to digital transformation.
- Responsibilities of the research associate may include one or more of the following: data scraping, searching, and creating large datasets, data analyses, writing, literature review, writing parts of manuscripts, running large panel data models, software coding, amongst other such activities.
- Applicants should be well-versed with the key ideas underlying digital technologies and networks.
- The position is best suited for a person looking for a research career, such as for doing research after a PhD or for pursuing a PhD in future.
- Candidates with postgraduate/PhD degree in management/ information systems/ engineering/ computer science/ mathematics or social and economic related disciplines are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates should be proficient in Python and/ or R.
- They should be comfortable with creating datasets, analyzing, and visualizing them.
- Candidates should be proficient in running econometrics models. Prior experience in working with panel dataset is desirable.
- Candidates able to write code/use automation tools such as selenium and import.io for data scraping will be preferred.
- Candidates having some experience in natural language processing and text analytics will be given preference.
- Candidates should also be comfortable doing a literature review by reading and summarizing research papers as well as academic writing in the form of journal publications, case studies.
- Candidates should have good oral and written communication skills in English.
The selected candidate will be offered a starting monthly stipend of INR 30,000-INR 35,000 based on prior qualifications and experience.
The appointment is initially for 6 months with a potential for extension of up to 12 months based on performance.
The selected candidate will be working from the IIM Ahmedabad campus (exceptions may be considered, given the current situation). IIMA provides access to the library and computer center for all Research Assistants. If selected, the candidate is expected to manage their own accommodation, outside the IIMA campus which is centrally located within the city of Ahmedabad.
How to Apply?
To apply, please send an email including CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject: RA: Centre for Digital Transformation (Applications without a proper subject may not be considered).
The last date to apply is March 30, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.