The Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad invites applications for the post of Assistant Manager (Public-Relations) at the institute.
The Assistant Manager – Public Relations will assist the Communications Department in all Public Relations related activities of the Institute. He/ she will help in increasing the visibility and ensure a strong brand positioning of IIMA through media and social media. Will support external and internal communication at the Institute and support the communications needs of various stakeholders.
Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad is a business school located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. It is consistently ranked among the top business schools in India. The school has been accorded the status of an Institute of National Importance by the Ministry of Human Resources, Government of India in 2017.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Will be in touch with various departments, Centres, faculty, students, alumni to identify news/ story/ event opportunities.
- Will pitch news stories in the media and coordinate all PR activities. Writing story pitches and background notes.
- Follow trends in the media and accordingly leverage opportunities for IIMA.
- To follow-up with various stakeholders on their contributions to PR with regard to quotes, articles, etc.
- Maintain the PR site of IIMA by uploading news, views, columns, student activities, etc. on a daily basis under the guidance of Assistant General Manager, Communications.
- Keep in touch with students and the alumni and profile students and alumni regularly and write about their achievements, vision, and any unique contribution through the PR blog of IIMA.
- Upload pots of social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram with all news-related content.
- Drafting responses to media queries on behalf of the Institute and its spokespeople
- Developing press briefing notes and possible Q & A’s for the official spokespersons
- Writing Press Releases, itch notes, support in writing speeches, articles, etc.
- Writing social media posts and content for the news section of the website
- Share news with internal stakeholders.
- Post Graduate in Mass Communication/ Journalism/ Marketing and other relevant discipline.
- Should have worked at least for 3-5 years with any organization, PR agency, and national mainline/ business English media publication as a sub-editor or a reporter.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal, including public speaking and making presentations
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
- Good understanding of various social media platforms.
- Event planning experience and branding support.
- Strong Content writing and editing skills including writing for media, social media, internal and external communication material.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Self-driven and entrepreneurial.
- Creative with an eye for detail.
The selected candidate will be offered a fixed-term appointment for a period of three years on a consolidated monthly salary on CTC mode, which may be extended at the end of three years if found satisfactory.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is January 27, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.