The Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad invites applications for the post of Academic Associates at the institute.
The Academic Associate will assist the faculty of the Institute in their teaching, research, and work as an administrative interface with different facility providers of the Institute. Major areas of the Institute are Centre for Management in Agriculture, Communication, Information Systems, Economics, Finance & Accounting, Marketing, Organizational Behaviour, Human Resource Management, Production & Quantitative Methods, Public Systems Group, Ravi J. Mathai Centre for Educational Innovation, Strategy, etc.
Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad is a business school located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. It is consistently ranked among the top business schools in India. The school has been accorded the status of an Institute of National Importance by the Ministry of Human Resources, Government of India in 2017.
To assist faculty members in seven to eight courses per year. The assistance would involve the following:
- Attending classes
- Correction/ grading of answer sheets/ quizzes/ projects/ assignments and conducting remedial sessions, if required.
- Design and delivery in any of the programs, such as preparation/revision of course outline, reading list, class handouts, simulations, presentation slides, etc.
- To conduct attendance marking and tabulation, class participation marking and tabulation, setting up necessary teaching aids as instructed, tracking progress in-class projects, assignments, etc.
To mandatory participation in all briefings, discussions, and training organized by the instructor(s), academic officers, program chairpersons, Dean, AADEC, Area Chair. To provide tutorial support including remedial classes as instructed by a faculty member. Co-ordination with relevant & support Academic Offices. Compulsorily participate in invigilation duties and attend the pre-examination briefing and post examination debriefing by faculty.
- First-class postgraduate degree (2 years) in any discipline with minimum experience of 2 (two) years in the area like Centre for Management in Agriculture, Communication, Information Systems, Economics, Finance & Accounting, Marketing, Organizational Behaviour, Human Resource Management, Production & Quantitative Methods, Public Systems Group and Educational Innovation, Strategy.
- The candidates having other qualifications like ACA, AICWA, Ph.D. B.Tech. with relevant experience in the above areas will also be eligible.
Monthly consolidated salary of ₹31,000/- to ₹42,000/- depending on qualification, experience, merit, and performance in the interview. No other allowances except TA/ DA for an official tour will be paid. In exceptional cases, candidates with outstanding academic records with less than two years of experience may be appointed at lower remuneration.
Initially for one/ two years and extendable up to a total of five years based on annual performance review.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- Candidates’ specialization in Master’s degree should match with that of the Area/ Centre/ Group he/ she applies for.
- Only relevant specialization will be considered.
- Notwithstanding the requirements of experience, outstanding academic achievers without experience will also be considered for these positions.
- Fulfilling minimum qualifications does not entail a call for an interview.
- The properly filled up applications received in response to this advertisement shall be scrutinized and only shortlisted candidates shall be called for test/interview.
- IIMA reserves all rights to reject any application without assigning any reason.
- The last date to apply is March 3, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.