The Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing, Kancheepuram invites applications from meritorious candidates for admission into its Ph.D. Program for the upcoming academic session.
Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing, Kancheepuram is an Institution of National Importance established in 2007 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, and is located at the outskirts of Chennai.
The Institute offers Ph.D. programs in the disciplines of:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Interdisciplinary Design
Direct Ph.D. (For Candidates having UG Degree)
Candidates who have qualified for the award of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology with an exceptionally good academic record in an eligible discipline will be considered for direct admission to Ph.D. Program as a regular full-time scholar subject to the following conditions:
- A B.Tech degree holder from CFTI (Centrally Funded Technical Institute) with a minimum CGPA of 8.0 on a 10 point scale or with a valid GATE score.
- A Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering/ Technology from any other University should be among the top 10 rank holders in the University and having a valid GATE score.
- A Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering/ Technology from a reputed R & D organization with an excellent research record.
For applicants holding PG degree
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in Engineering/ Technology (ME/ M.Tech/ M.Des)or a Master of Science (MS) degree by Research in Engineering/Technology with a good academic record.
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in Sciences with a good academic record and of exceptional merit where eligible, for the relevant Engineering discipline and with a valid GATE score or UGC/ CSIR NET/ NBHM or equivalent qualification in the relevant area tenable for the year of registration.
For candidates under Project and External category
The minimum educational qualifications are the same as prescribed for the Regular (full time) category in the above for admission to the Ph.D. Program in the respective categories.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
The last date to apply is June 17, 2021.
You might also be interested in: