The Indian Institute of Information Technology Pune (IIIT Pune), invites applications from eligible candidates for admission into various departments for the Ph.D. Program at the institute.
Indian Institute of Information Technology Pune (IIIT Pune), is an institute of national importance set up under the Act of Parliament (2017), with a view to develop new knowledge in information technology and to provide manpower of global standards for the information technology industry.
Research activities in IIIT Pune are carried out under the ambit of academic departments ECE, CSE, Mathematics, and research centers:
- Centre of Robotics and Security in IoT Space,
- Centre of Indian Languages and Computational Intelligence,
- Centre of VLSI and Nanotechnology
- Centre for Biomedical Engineering & Bio-informatics.
Applicants who have qualified UGC/ CSIR NET- JRF exam or have obtained INSPIRE Ph.D. fellowship, will be admitted based on their performance in the entrance test and/ or interview. The institute does not provide any assistantship or fellowship to such a student; however, they receive their fellowship from their supporting organizations (UGC/ CSIR/ DRDO/ AICTE), etc.
Candidates who are employed in the institute or working on various projects undertaken by the institute can also apply to the Ph.D. program.
- B. Tech/ B.E. (with valid GATE score) in CSE/ IT/ ECE/ EE or relevant area with a CGPA of at least 6.5 on a scale of 10 (or equivalent) or 65 %. OR
- M.Tech. /M.E. in CSE/ IT/ ECE/ EE or relevant area with a CGPA of at least 6 on a scale of 10 (or equivalent) or 60%.
Ph.D. candidates will be selected on the basis of written and/ or interviews. Merely satisfying the general eligibility criterion as well as criterion set for each admission category is no guarantee for being called for a written test and/ or interview.
How to Apply?
To download the application form, click here.
A non-refundable processing fee of Rs. 500/- (for GEN/OBC) and Rs. 300/- (for SC/ ST/ PwD) are required to be paid online directly to State Bank of India A/C No.- 38606829359, IFSC code – SBIN0011698, NIBM Road, Kondhwa of Indian Institute of Information Technology, Pune.
Eligible and interested candidates are required to submit the scanned copy of the completely filled application form along with the latest passport size photograph, self-attested copies of the certificates of educational qualifications, date of birth, experience, caste certificate, applicable fee, etc. in a single pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by May 30, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.
For more such opportunities, check below:
- Integrated Ph.D. Admissions 2021 at IISER Berhampur [Monthly Fellowship Rs. 12k]: Apply by June 21.