Applications are invited for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) and Master of Science by Research (M.S.(R)) program beginning in Autumn Semester 2021. The disciplines in which the Ph.D. program will be offered are Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE), Physics, Mathematics, Humanities, and Management. Moreover, M.S.(R) program will be offered in any discipline of Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE).
International Institute of Information Technology, Naya Raipur or Dr. Shyama Prasad Mukherjee International Institute of Information Technology, Naya Raipur is a state-funded institute in Naya Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India.
- Computer Science & Engineering: Data Science (AI, Machine Learning, Data Mining, Deep Learning, Computer Vision); Networks (IoT, SDN, Wireless Networks); Security (Cryptography, Blockchain); Big Data; Theoretical Computer Science (Algorithms, Graph Theory, Compilers).
- Electronics & Communication Engineering: Communication (Wireless communication, 5G); RF & Microwave (Electromagnetic, Millimeter-wave technology, MIMO, Antenna); VLSI & Embedded System (VLSI Circuits and Systems, VLSI interconnects, Digital Power Management Circuits); Instrumentation & Signal Processing (Signal & Image Processing, IoT & Sensors, Control & Robotics).
- Humanities: Cognition & Language, ELT, Indian writing in English, Women Studies, Film Studies, Psychoanalysis, and Literature.
- Physics: Non-linear Optics, Photonics, and all Optical Devices.
- Mathematics: Biofluid mechanics, Biomathematics, Mathematical modeling, Coding theory, Cryptography, and Machine Learning, Financial Mathematics, Numerical Methods.
- Management: Marketing, Social Media, Entrepreneurship, Human Resource Management, and Organizational Behavior.
For Ph.D. Programs
- The minimum educational qualification for admission is a Master’s degree with a consistently good academic record in relevant discipline.
- The candidate should have first division or equivalent in both Bachelor and Master level degree.
- All candidates seeking admission under the Institute Scholar category shall have to possess requisite marks/ grades in the qualifying examination given below: Ph.D. (Engineering)- GATE/ UGC-NET/ CSIR-NET; Ph.D. (Science, Management)-GATE/ UGC-NET/ CSIR-NET/ NBHM.
- Ph.D. (HSS)- UGC-NET/ CSIR-NET NOTE: The Selection Committees may set higher criteria than the minimum qualifications listed above.
- Applicants under INDIVIDUAL FELLOWSHIP category should have qualified CSIR/ UGC/ DAE/ NBHM/ DST/ DBT/ ICAR/ ICMR/ ICPR or secured funding from such an agency. They are not entitled to Institute Assistantship.
- Applicants under Sponsored (Full-time) category must be regular employees of the sponsoring organization with at least two years of professional experience in the respective field.
- Applicants under the on-deputation category should have at least two years of professional experience in the respective field.
For M.S. (By Res.) Programs
- B.Tech./ B.E. or equivalent degree in an appropriate discipline with minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA (in a 10-point scale), OR
- Master of Science or equivalent degree in an appropriate discipline with minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA (in a 10-point scale), and a minimum of 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA (in a 10-point scale) in Bachelor of Science or equivalent degree, from a recognized University/ Institution.
- Relaxation as per government norms for SC/ ST/ PwD candidates.
- Students with B.Tech. from IITs/ NITs/ IIITs with a CGPA greater than or equal to 8.0 will be admitted directly into M.S.(R) program without the need for interview provided they are already associated with a sponsored project/ scheme of the Institute.
- The maximum age of a student shall preferably be below 35 years on the first of July of the Autumn semester.
How to Apply?
All applications will be received through the online portal of IIIT Naya Raipur only. An applicant has to register online by filling in the required details. The login credentials will be provided to the applicant on an email used for registration.
To apply online, click here.
- Closure of online applications: 30th April 2021
- Display of list of shortlisted candidates: 14th May 2021
- Written test and Interviews: 14th June 2021
- Announcement of results: 21st June 2021
- Reporting at IIITNR: by 5th July 2021
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.