The Fifth International Conference on Countermeasure to Urban Heat Islands (5th IC2UHI), will be hosted at Hyderabad, India and will be devoted to the science, engineering and public policies to help relieve the excess heat and air pollution of Summers in hot cities. It has long been recognized that the excessive heat and smog in many cities in the summer, the “Urban Heat Island”, is partly due to the choices of building materials, vegetation and urban design.
Scientist, engineers, builders, architects, and government officials, especially, but not limited to Asia Pacific countries, concerned with improving the urban environment are urged to participate in 5th IC2UHI which promises to advance the field.
Selected Conference papers will be published in Energy and Buildings Journal, Proposed Special Issue: Countering urban Heat Island (UHI) and Climate Change Through Mitigation and Adaptation.
Call for Papers
Authors are invited to submit their abstract before September 30, 2018, by sending an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abstracts (English, two pages, pdf if possible) should indicate: title, Authors’ name and surname, affiliation(s), email address of the Corresponding Author.
Abstract are invited in areas addressing all aspects of countermeasures to UHI and microclimate mitigation including:
- Cool materials development & characteristics
- Urban vegetation and greenery
- Measurement techniques and standards
- Policies, rating and labeling programs
- Remote sensing of cities and urban climates
- Outdoor comfort and health in the urban environment
- Analysis of UHI and its effects across scales
- Modeling and forecasting urban climate and weather
- Impact of UHI on the urban economy
- Resilient design of buildings in response to changing climates
- Effect of UHI on urban poor
|Opening of Abstract Submission||June 1, 2018|
|Deadline for Abstract Submission||September 30, 2018|
|Acceptance of Abstract||November 30, 2018|
|Draft of Full Papers||April 30, 2019|
|Return review of Draft Paper||July 15, 2019|
|Revised Full Paper Submission||September 1, 2019|
|Conference Day||December 2-4, 2019|
Prof. Vishal Garg, Email: email@example.com.
For official website, click here.