Applications are invited for the post of Teaching Fellow (Computational Biology) at the Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Delhi.
Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi (aka. IIIT-Delhi or IIIT-D) was created as a State University by an act of the Delhi Government (The IIIT Delhi Act, 2007) empowering it to do research and development, and grant degrees. In a relatively short time, it has earned an excellent reputation in India and abroad for being a center of quality education and research in IT and interdisciplinary areas.
Works as a Co-Instructor for undergraduate courses (normally 2 per semester), involving taking tutorials and labs, helping students, managing TAs, preparing/ conducting/ grading exams and tests, etc, and course administration. The Fellow may also be the primary instructor in a short duration of summer modules.
- To assist Professor in taking laboratory classes for students.
- To assist Professor in evaluating the students.
- To mentor and guide students in executing their laboratory work.
- To conduct Refresher Modules for M.Tech/ B.Tech students in Summers.
- To provide extra support to weak students.
- MSc. / B.E. / B.Tech in Biotechnology/ Biological sciences & allied areas with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Molecular Biology and/ or Biochemistry lab. Or
- M Tech/ Post Graduate in Biotechnology/ Biological sciences & allied areas.
- Ph.D. in Biotechnology/ Biological Sciences & allied areas.
- It is best suited for those who have expertise in Molecular Biology and/ or Biochemistry laboratory work and seeking a career in teaching.
The compensation in the first year will be Rs 45,000/- per month with free hostel accommodation or Rs. 50,000 per month without hostel accommodation. In the second year, Rs. 50,000/- per month with free hostel accommodation or Rs. 55,000/- per month without hostel accommodation.
The term of appointment will be for one year, which can be renewed after the first year based on performance. No extension will be given after two years.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is October 10, 2020.
The Institute gives top priority to the ongoing academic activities and does not promote leaving the offered position during an ongoing semester. To ensure this, a monthly deposit of Rs. 22,500/- from the salary of the first two months will be kept with the institute. This deposit will be paid on completion of the offered tenure.
For full notification, click the link below.