The Department of Social Sciences and Humanities (SSH), Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Delhi is organizing a two-day Symposium on the Crisis of Truth? The Digital Era and the Future of Knowledge.
Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi (aka. IIIT-Delhi or IIIT-D) was created as a State University by an act of the Delhi Government (The IIIT Delhi Act, 2007) empowering it to do research and development, and grant degrees. In a relatively short time, it has earned an excellent reputation in India and abroad for being a center of quality education and research in IT and interdisciplinary areas.
The emergence of digital space as a new culture of knowledge generation and dissemination prompts critical introspection on the new possibilities of knowledge production, dissemination, and consumption. Does the digital also alter the very character of such knowledge — for instance, its truth conditions?
What implications do these new modes of interaction and knowledge production have for the notion of the ‘public sphere’; for an emerging ‘digital commons’, and therefore, for what has been recognized as the ‘democratic potential of the internet? This symposium aims to address these concerns, which stem from the larger societal, political, and technological context in which the digital is embedded, while also being transformed in relation to the possibilities that digital space opens up, as well as perhaps, those that it forecloses.
- Digital Space and the culture of knowledge communication
- Digital Nudges and/ or clickbait
- The ‘real’ and the ‘virtual’
- Digital knowledge space and participation
- Digital space and political innovation
- The Digital and Dissent
Call for Papers
- Those interested in participating are invited to submit a 200 word abstract for a 30-minute slot (20 minutes presentation and 10 minutes discussion) by March 31, 2021.
- Notification of acceptance will be sent out by mid-April 2021. Full papers accepted for the symposium could range up to 5000–6000 words (excluding references) and will be required to be submitted by July 2021.
- Selected papers to be published in partnership with a major journal or academic media outlet.
- Please send your proposal as an attachment prepared for blind review to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For full notification, click the link below.