The Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Delhi invites applications for admission into the Ph.D. program at the institute.
The goal of the Ph.D. program at IIIT-Delhi is to empower students to become part of the global research ecosystem and contribute to research organizations and top-class universities across the world. The program is based on the best practices models at top universities across the world. IIIT Delhi offers Ph.D. programs in Computational Biology (CB), Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), Electronics and Communications Engineering (ECE), Human-Centered Design (HCD), Mathematics (Maths), and Social Sciences and Humanities (SSH).
- For Computational Biology: B.Tech/ BE/ B.Pharma/ M.Pharma/ M.Tech/ MS/ ME in CSE/ IT/ ECE/ EE/ Other Engineering with a CGPA of at least 6.5 on a scale of 10 (or equivalent) or 60% . OR MCA/ MSc (CSE/ IT/ ECE/ EE and allied areas) degree is considered equivalent to the B.Tech/ BE degree.
- For Computer Science and Engineering: B.Tech/ BE/ M.Tech/ MS/ ME in CSE/ IT/ ECE/ EE with a CGPA of at least 7.5 on a scale of 10 (or equivalent) or 70%. OR MCA/ MSc (CSE/ IT/ ECE/ EE and allied areas) degree is considered equivalent to the B.Tech/ BE degree OR MSc in Mathematics with at least 70% marks in both B.Sc and M.Sc or 7.5 CGPA and strong inclination towards CSE/ ECE.
- For Electronics and Communications Engineering: B.Tech/ BE/ M.Tech/ MS/ ME in CSE/ IT/ ECE/ EE with a CGPA of at least 7.5 on a scale of 10 (or equivalent) or 70%. OR MCA/ MSc (CSE/ IT/ ECE/ EE and allied areas) degree is considered equivalent to the B.Tech/ BE degree.
- For Maths: JRF from either UGC/ CSIR/ NBHM/ DST or GATE score at least 400 and MSc (Maths)/ MSc (Physics)/ MSc (Statistics)/ M.Stat/ MPhil (Maths)/ B.Tech/ M.Tech/ BE / ME in CS/ ECE/ Maths & CS and similar inter-disciplinary programs.
- For Social Sciences & Humanities: M.A./ M.Sc/ MPhil in, Sociology or Anthropology BTech/ M.Tech. in any discipline and/ or MBA with a strong interest in sociology/ anthropology OR M.A./ MSc/ MPhil in Economics, Statistics or Mathematics. B.Tech/ M.Tech. in any discipline and/ or MBA with a strong interest in economics.
- For Human-Centered Design: UG or PG Engineering degrees in CSE/ ECE/ Design/ Architecture/ Social Science or other related disciplines (4-year duration course) OR B.Des/ M.Des OR MBBS/ MD/ MPh. OR MCA OR M.Sc/ M.A. degree in design or computing-related disciplines.
Students joining the Ph.D. program as regular students will be considered for Institute Fellowship. Presently the institute is offering fellowship at the rate of Rs. 31,000/- per month in the 1st & 2nd year and Rs. 35,000/- per month in the 3rd & 4th year. For the 5th year, fellowship is at a reduced rate that is, Rs. 30,000/- per month.
Support up to Rs 50k is provided towards the purchase of a laptop/ desktop. A Contingency grant of Rs.10k per annum.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- The application fee for the Ph.D. program is as follows: Rs.150/- For SC/ ST/ PD candidates and Rs. 300/- For other candidates.
- After the successful submission of the application form, you will receive an application number and a link to download the application form.
- Please save the application form.
- You need to furnish a hardcopy of the application form and self-attested copies of all the relevant documents at the time of the interview.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- The last date to apply is March 15, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.