The Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Delhi invites applications for admission into the M.Tech in Computational Biology program at the institute.
The Graduate Aptitude Test – Biotechnology, previously Combined Entrance Examination for Biotechnology (CEEB) by JNU, is being conducted by the Regional Centre for Biotechnology on behalf of the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. This examination is to rank the eligibility of the candidate among all applicants.
- B.Tech./BE in CS/IT/Math-and-Computing OR,
- B.Tech./BE in any other discipline OR,
- M.Sc. (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Biophysics, Bioinformatics, Biomedical Sciences),
For Point 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 the applicants must have done the following either during their qualifying degree or from recognized institution / online education portal: at least one computer programming course, and at least two Mathematics courses. In addition all applicants must have 65% in qualifying exam and a qualifying GAT-B mark. The applicants must have at least 60% in all previous degrees including 10+2. Applicants who do not satisfy the above criteria will not be able to submit the application form.
IIIT-Delhi provides relaxation to SC, ST, OBC, PWD and CW category candidates. Specifically, candidates under these categories must have 60%. They must have at least 55% in all previous degree including 10+2. Applicants who do not satisfy the above criteria will not be able to submit the application form.
Students admitted will be eligible to avail monthly fellowship of Rs. 12,000/- from DBT for a maximum of 24 months from the date of starting of the classes at IIIT-Delhi. Institute will provide necessary support to the students to get the studentship.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- A shortlisted candidates list will be published on the IIIT-Delhi website who are eligible for M.Tech. (CB) and have a qualifying GAT-B mark.
- If the applicants are more, IIIT-Delhi may fix a cut-off on the basis of their previous academic record as well as GAT-B marks to limit the number of candidates to be called for the next step.
- Candidates in the final year of their programs and who expect to complete all their qualifying degree requirements before the date of registration are also eligible to apply for admissions.
- For shortlisting and selection purposes, their performance until the preceding semester (preceding year if their programs are year based) would be considered but their admission would be provisional, subject to their meeting the minimum eligibility criteria after their final qualifying examination results are announced.
- The last date to apply is October 27, 2020.
Phone Number: +91-11-26907417
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Ph.D. Admission January 2021 at IIT Patna: Apply by Nov 4.