Applications are invited from highly motivated students for 01 Ph.D. position under the research project entitled “Abinitio linear and non-linear ultrafast spectroscopy in two-dimensional nitrogen-based binary buckled group V semiconductors” in reference to the sanction letter no. File DST/INT/Czech/P-14/2019 dated 28/09/2020 by IndoCzech International Cooperation Division.
The position is Indo-Czech collaboration based and is fully funded for 03 years with International to & fro travel grants, per diem accommodation grant, VISA, silver class medical insurance, etc. grants, per year for 02 years.
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad (IIIT-Allahabad) is a public university located in Allahabad (Jhalwa, Allahabad), in Uttar Pradesh state in northern India. It is one of the nineteen Indian Institutes of Information Technology listed by the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
The candidate is expected to work in a very competitive environment both in India and Czech Republic. The span of the project is primarily based on massive parallel computations using first principles methodology (density functional theory, GW+BSE, linear and non-linear spectroscopy) in the area of ab-initio spectroscopy in two-dimensional materials science.
Therefore, the candidate with a prior exposure to shell scripts/ python/ parallel computations are preferred together with expertise on computational ab-initio packages like Quantum Espresso, VASP, Yambo, QuantumWise, etc
- M.Sc. Physics/ Applied Physics/ Electronics (specialization in Electronics/ Solid State Physics/ Materials) or M.E./ M.Tech in Electronics with specialization in Microelectronics or equivalent.
- A high GATE/ NET/ JEST or similar other national level ranking in the relevant field mentioned above.
- Well versed with Unix environment and shell scripts/python/parallel computations.
- Sound knowledge in quantum mechanics/ solid state physics and materials/.
- Candidates with prior exposure to ab-initio computational packages like Quantum Espresso, VASP, QuantumWise, etc. will be preferred.
- Fellowship for first two years: 36,960 p.m. (31,000/-per month +16%HRA).
- Fellowship for third year: 40,600 p.m. (35,000/-per month +16%HRA).
How to Apply?
To download the application form, click here.
The duly completed application on prescribed soft copy format together with supporting documents (single pdf file) should reach to firstname.lastname@example.org (PI of the project) on or before 25 Jan 2021. The subject of email should be “Application for the post of 01 Ph.D. Position under the research project -Ab-initio linear and non-linear ultrafast spectroscopy in two-dimensional nitrogen based binary buckled group V semiconductors”.
The position is purely temporary and will be governed by the Funding agency’s rules & service conditions of Research & Development Cell, IIIT Allahabad from time to time.
For full notification, click the link below.