Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad invites applications for M.Tech and MBA programmes by research from working professionals.
Candidates who satisfy the following two conditions are eligible to seek provisional registration for M.Tech/ MBA (Working Professionals).
i) The candidate should have employment and his/her area of proposed research should correspond to that of his/her profession (job).
The candidate should have been hired by a research investigator as a full-time project assistant/research assistant/JRF/SRF on a research project of at least 18 to 24 month duration. Such a candidate should get a suitable fellowship or salary or honorarium.
The candidate should get a sponsorship or a fellowship by any external agency or a self-supporting arrangement and should work on the research problem as a full time research scholar for a duration of at least 24 months.
A regularly employed/Self-employed person who can afford to spare only part time towards research has to put in at least 30 months towards the course. (Such a candidate can be from abroad and he/she is treated as an International Candidate)
(ii) A candidate should have M.Sc. degree/ B.E. / B.Tech. / B.S. (4 years)/ Bachelor Degree in the concerned subject or any other degree recognized as equivalent thereto with an overall minimum of 60% of marks (CGPA of 6.5 in 10 point scale).
The details of qualifying degrees for such course works are given below:
For M.Tech by Research (working professionals)
For the candidate to register for M.Tech by Research in Information Technology, he/she should have obtained in any of the following degrees of the institute with an overall minimum of 60% or (CGPA of 6.5 in 10 point scale):
- M.Sc. (Computer-Science / Information Science / Software and related courses), M.Sc. (Electronics), M.C.A. / B.E. / B.Tech. / BS (4 years) in Electrical Science/ Computer Science / Information Science / Electronics / Communication / Instrumentation / Control Engineering.
- M Sc. (Physics), M Sc. (Mathematics), M Sc. (Statistics), BE / B.Tech , BS ( in any other branch of Engineering.), provided such candidates have worked on computers at least for two full years in their professional career in recognized R & D institutions, industries, educational institutions dealing purely with Computer Science / Information Technology and Applications.
For MBA (Working Professionals)
- A candidate should have Bachelors Degree of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline with minimum 60 per cent marks or equivalent CGPA (55% marks or equivalent CGPA for SC/ST Candidates).
- At least 3 years of experience in the said profession.
(iii) Part Time candidates referred above have to put in a minimum of 15 days attendance per every half year in the Department concerned.
- The candidate should identify a supervisor/mentor for his study, identify a research topic, identify a relevant field of research from his profession and propose a plan of study. With this pre-preparation the candidate should apply for registration.
- Registration shall be based on the recommendation of the prospective supervisor, DPGC of the concerned department, Chairman SPGC and with the approval of the Chairman Senate/ Director. However in special case the DPGC may also suggest the name of the prospective supervisor, if the candidate requires a support in selecting the supervisor.
- Provisional registration maybe recommended by circulation of application amongst the DPGC members. In such a case the process should not take more than 30 days.
- At the time of submission of application form, the supervisor of the candidate should suggest 6 courses (Three (3) for part 1 and Three (3) for part 2) along with the proposed syllabus, as per the semester pattern, for part 1 and part 2 assessments. These courses should be at higher level, relevant and supportive to proposed research work to be submitted as part 3 and part 4. Further the supervisor should ensure that all six courses are very high level and should be supportive to the research work proposed. However, the DPGC is competent to suggest courses and syllabus other than those recommended in consultation with the supervisor. A course on Research Methodology could be included as one of the courses in Part1 or Part 2.
- The registration is valid for three years. This can be extended by one more year on the basis of the request by the candidate and with the specific recommendation of the supervisor and the approval of the Chairman Senate and on the payment of the prescribed fees, provided there is no change in the topic of research.
- If the candidate fails to submit the thesis even after four years as mentioned above, the registration will become invalid automatically. However, the candidate may be permitted to re-register and submit the dissertation for Part 4 within one year from the date of re-registration, on payment of the prescribed fee provided the candidate has completed Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3 successfully.
The final application for the candidate will be submitted only after the supervisor will accord approval.
At the time of submission final application, the following documents should be enclosed:
1. No Objection Certificate from the place of work.
2. Support Rendering Document from the place of work.
3. Supervisors Acceptance Letter.
4. Research Proposal.
5. Course Work & Syllabus
Phone: 91-532-2922000, Email: email@example.com
For official website link, click here.