The Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Allahabad, invites applications from eligible candidates for admission into the M.Tech program in Data Science & Analytics for the upcoming academic session.
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad is a public university located in Allahabad, in Uttar Pradesh. It is one of the nineteen Indian Institutes of Information Technology listed by the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
M.Tech in Data Science and Analytics at the Indian Institute of Information Technology – Allahabad, is a four semesters program designed to develop the skills to analyze, interpret and infer from datasets complemented by a solid foundation of mathematical, statistical, and information technology skills. This multidisciplinary program, also the first inter-departmental program at IIIT–Allahabad is steered by the Dept. of Applied Sciences and driven by a collaborative effort of faculties from the Dept. of Information Technology and Dept. of Management Studies.
The curriculum designed is mindful of the diversity of students, industry demands, and recent technology available for data scientists while emphasizing the foundational concepts for data science. The coursework is designed to include a balance of functional knowledge, as well as practical learning, spread over four semesters covering Mathematics, Statistics, Computer programming, and emerging topics such as Big Data Analytics, Deep Learning, and Data Modeling tools to deal with large scale data.
Four specializations basket that combines to provide a wide learning and application spectrum shall be provided to facilitate the candidate in selecting their dominant interest:
- Financial Services Analytics/ Marketing Analytics/ Supply Chain Analytics.
- Biological Data Analytics, Systems Modeling, and forecasting of biological systems
- Unstructured Data Analysis/ Process Automation
- Cognitive Computing
Candidates satisfying the following eligibility criteria can apply:
- Candidates with a Four Years Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Engineering/ Technology from educational Institutions approved by AICTE/ Government, Four-year B.Sc. or equivalent in an appropriate discipline (with first-class or 60% marks (55% for SC/ST) or a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA)/Cumulative Performance Index (CPI) of 6.5 (6.0 for SC/ST) on the scale of 10 in qualifying degrees), OR
- Master’s degree in Physics/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Life Sciences and related subjects from educational Institutions approved by UGC/Government may apply.
- Students having MBBS and MBA degree can also apply for admission to this program. (With first-class or 60% marks (55% for SC/ST) or a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA)/ Cumulative Performance Index (CPI) of 6.5 (6.0 for SC/ST) on the scale of 10 in qualifying degrees).
The initial intake of this program is 20 students and split between two streams:
- Funded Applicants: Candidates who wish to avail of a fellowship from the institute must possess a valid GATE score and also need to successfully qualify for the entrance test conducted by IIIT-Allahabad. The maximum number of seats in this stream is limited to 10.
- Self-Financed Candidates: Candidates will need to successfully qualify for the entrance test conducted by IIIT-Allahabad.
How to Apply?
Candidates interested to apply for the program need to pay the application fee as follows:
- Application Fee for General/O BC Candidates: INR 500
- Application Fee for SC/ ST/ PWD Candidates: INR 300
To apply online, click here.
- Application Form portal close: 30th November 2020
- Screening and Issuance of Admit Cards: 10th December 2020
- Examination Date: 20th December 2020
- Result Announcement: 30th December 2020
- Admission: 5th January 2021
- Commencement of Classes: 15th January 2021
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Ph.D. Admissions 2021 at IIT Hyderabad: Apply by Nov 11.