The UFP is a tuition-free, nine-month, full-time, inter-disciplinary fellowship based at the IIHS City Campus in Bengaluru. It seeks to combine classroom-based teaching, site-based applied learning, work in live projects, and external internships to introduce the Fellows to diverse forms of urban practice.
It is open to recent graduates and young professionals from varied educational backgrounds or practice domains. Through the UFP, Fellows will:
- Understand issues of urbanisation in India and the global south from multiple disciplinary perspectives.
- Learn from practice as a young professional seeking to enter the urban sector.
- Develop skills necessary to analyse, understand, and identify key urban issues in India.
- Build a foundation from which to design inter-disciplinary urban interventions.
- Network with diverse global, national, and local thought leaders, entrepreneurs, and change makers
- Learn from a diverse and experienced faculty who bring together theory and practice
- Ideal applicants will have a Bachelors Degree in any subject or discipline and their age should not exceed 30 years at the time of the UFP’s commencement. Therefore applicants should be born on or after 1 August 1988.
- The Fellowship will consider non-degree training and certification programmes completed after 10+2 schooling. Applicants without any formal education after their 10+2 may also apply, especially if they have experience of formal or informal work in urban sectors.
- All candidates must have basic proficiency in reading English. There is support available for candidates with limited speaking ability in English and they are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be Indian citizens.
Fees and Costs
During the Fellowship your cost of tuition, Exposure Visit travel and accommodation, and Project-related travel and accommodation will be fully covered.
We will also subsidise your Accommodation and Board costs in Bengaluru during the first 7 months of the UFP, i.e. the in-class, taught component of the Fellowship. This subsidy may be availed only if you accept the shared accommodation with breakfast and dinner that IIHS will facilitate for you. The subsidised rate is INR 10,000/- per month all inclusive* (conditions apply) which includes internet access, housekeeping services and laundry facilities.
Please note that all admitted Fellows will be asked to submit a Rs 20,000 deposit to secure their admission. This will be refunded upon successful completion of the Fellowship.
UFP guarantees a two-month internship for all Fellows in order to facilitate the transition from classroom learning to the complex world of work and practice. Internships will be oﬀered in government departments and public institutions, private ﬁrms and practices, social movements, non-governmental organisations, research think-tanks, development sector organisations and planning and design ﬁrms, among others.
Applications open: 15th March 2018
Applications close: 16th April 2018 (Monday 18:00 hrs, IST):
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to set up interview times and dates by Third Week of May 2018. Interviews will be on the phone or via Skype (phone interviews will be conducted only in exceptional circumstances)
Selected and wait listed candidates will be informed by end of June 2018.
Apply online at this link.
Mobile: +91 99012 55788, 96064 84336
For full details, visit the official website link given here.