The Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA), Bangalore invites applications for the post of Project Scientist.
Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) is an autonomous academic national institution under the Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India dedicated to research in Astronomy, Astrophysics, and Allied Sciences & Technology. The Institute has its main campus in Koramangala, Bangalore, and CREST Campus at Hosakote, Bangalore. It operates field stations at Kavalur & Kodaikanal in Tamilnadu, Gauribidanur in Karnataka, and Leh/Hanle in the Union Territory of Ladakh.
Project Scientist (02)
Component level tests & calibration and integration & calibration of the payload. Building, calibration, and operations of Simulation Model post-delivery of the flight model.
- M.Sc (Tech)/ M.Tech/ M.Sc in Optical Engineering/ Astronomy instrumentation/ Optics/ Physics from a reputed University/ Institute.
- Minimum three years of work experience in a research laboratory or industry or teaching in the domain of optics and/ or instrumentation.
- Candidates should have had at least one year of working experience in space instrumentation.
- Good experience in designing optical systems using optical design software packages such as ASAP, ZEMAX, etc.
- Understanding of surface topography of optics, the effect of surface figure and finish on image quality.
- Scatter estimation from optical and mechanical surfaces using the BRDF models.
- Component level and Instrument Stray light analysis.
- Hands-on experience with optical metrology & alignment instruments (interferometers, profilometer, and theodolite), standard optical lab equipment, light sources, light detectors, vacuum facilities, etc.
Rs. 75,000/- per month (Consolidated)
To download the application form, click here. Candidates attending the walk-in-interview should come with duly filled in prescribed with a passport size photograph pasted on the top of the application along with original certificates related to their qualification and experience and also one set of self-certified photocopies.
Eligible young, bright, and highly motivated individuals are invited to attend Walk-in-interview on 9th April 2021 (Friday) at the Institute Campus, 2nd Block, Koramangala, Sarjapur Road, Bangalore–560 034 between 09.00 AM to 05.00 PM.
For full notification, click the link below.