Applications are open for the Internet Governance Forum (IGF) Youth Ambassadors Program 2020 by the Internet Society.
Since 2019, the Internet Society has combined the IGF Ambassadors and Youth@IGF into a single program called IGF Youth Ambassadors Program.
The program aims to empower young adults from all around the world by:
- Building their capacity through training
- Fostering a new cadre of young Internet leaders who are motivated to learn, engage, and act within their region and beyond
- Partnering with organizations to broaden the depth and breadth of the program
- Reinforcing the importance of multi-disciplinary leaders in fostering the sustainability, robustness, security, stability, and development of the Internet
- Promoting youth citizenship, diplomacy, volunteerism and community service as key aspects of next-generation leadership
- Broadening their experience and enabling their participation in public policy debates
- Providing them with opportunities to participate in the global Internet ecosystem and to interact and engage with the broader Internet Governance community
- Increasing their visibility and preparing them to deliver more meaningful impacts at the local, regional and global levels
- Mobilizing youth beyond Internet Governance specific topics.
After being selected, participants will
- Take part in webinar series: The individuals who are selected as IGF Youth Ambassadors participate at Webinar Series led by global Internet Governance experts to deepen their knowledge, present their projects/ ideas, and be prepared for the IGF.
- Attend the IGF: IGF Youth Ambassadors will attend the Internet Governance Forum in 2020 remotely due to COVID-19. They might also have an opportunity to attend the IGF physically in 2021 if there is an in-person event.
- Take part in the Collaborative Leadership Exchange: IGF Youth Ambassadors will attend a virtual dynamic leadership session with Internet Society community members, youth representatives from other programs, Internet Society staff, and other IGF attendees.
All applicants must be:
- Between 18-30 at the date of the IGF.
- Able to present a strong motivation for Internet Governance.
- Able to demonstrate interest and expertise in issues on the IGF agenda.
- Comfortable with public speaking and communicating positions.
- Able to demonstrate interest and experience in key Internet governance-related issues.
- Capable of appropriately representing the Internet Society and its views and policies as an Ambassador during the IGF.
- Capable of continuing to work with the Internet Society locally after the IGF.
- Fluent in English.
- Able to spend a minimum of 6 hours each week during the eLearning Phase.
- Ready to take part in the meetings and webinars.
- Not been selected as Internet Society’s IGF Ambassador, Youth@IGF Fellow, or IGF Youth Ambassador before.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is June 28, 2020.
Phone Number: +41-22-807-1444
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Bright Network Internship Experience UK 2020 for Students & Graduates [Virtual Mode]: Multiple Deadlines.