About the Organisers
The Legal Aid and Awareness Committee (LAAC) is a student-run body of National Law University Jodhpur, which works towards imparting practical knowledge and information regarding the basic legal rights and remedies to the masses. LAAC has undertaken initiatives aimed at spreading legal awareness and improving the quality of life of socially and economically disadvantaged by helping them attain their rights under socially beneficial legislation.
Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access (IDIA) is a non-governmental organization that strives to make legal education accessible to all, regardless of geographical or financial constraints. It also aims to bring about class, caste, and gender equality in law schools.
Purpose of the Competition
With this Competition, the Organizing Committees aim to achieve dual purpose:
- By furthering academic discourse, facilitating conversation and increasing discussion around sociologically important topics.
- By contributing towards the goal of increased access to education to the students from marginalized communities. Towards this end, 100% of the amount obtained as registration fee from this Competition will be used to sponsor the training/education of IDIA trainees.
- Category 1 – School students (class 9-12 standards)
- Category 2 – Undergraduate college students
2. Both categories are allotted different topics to write upon.
3. Co-authorship is not allowed.
Topics for Essay
- Category 1:
- Gender stereotypes in classrooms/education system.
- Should housewives be compensated for their household work?
- Crimes against women in India – An analysis of the current scenario in India along with policy suggestions to improve the status quo.
- Category 2:
- Gender stereotypes: An analysis of their existence in today’s modern society, or a comparative study of the past and present (what has changed, what hasn’t) … in the context of law, politics, education, etc.
- “Women: Creating, Doing, Leading”
- Sociological analysis on the reasons behind the underrepresentation of women in STEM fields.
- Should menstrual relief benefits be made mandatory in the interest of women in India? If yes, provide suggestions for its inclusion as a legislative mandate.
- Participants are required to pay a nominal fee of Rs. 150/- each.
- Mode of Payment: Participants can either Paytm or Google Pay the fee amount to:-
- Gpay – praveena.kan@okaxis (Praveena)
- Paytm – 8890253685 (Pooja)
- The participants shall submit their essays latest by 11:59 p.m. on 28.03.2021 (Sunday) after adhering to the following guidelines:-
- The participant shall email the essay to the email address – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The subject of the email should read as – Submission of Entry – “IDIA-LAAC National Level Essay Competition, 2021”_Name of the Participant – Category 1/ Category 2
- School students’ category:
- Cash Prizes – (Winner:- Rs. 2000/- and Runner up:- Rs. 1000/-)
- Certificate of merit to the top 3 students
- University students’ category:
- Cash Prizes – (Winner:- Rs. 5000/- )
- Certificate of merit to top 3 students of each category
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the competition through this link.
- Registration opens: 8 March 2021
- Registration closes: 21 March 2021
- Last date of submission: 28 March 2021
- Tentative date of result: Mid-April
For more details, click the link below.