Applications are now open for the six-month IDEX Global Fellows Program 2019. Apply by April 15.
About the IDEX Global Fellows Program:
This Fellowship is for young professionals (21 – 35 years old) from across the globe who want to deep dive into the social impact sector and get the first-hand experience of working in one of India’s most popular and vibrant social enterprise destinations, Bangalore.
Fellows choose a sector of their interest such as Education, Health, Environment and Energy, Women’s Empowerment, Livelihoods, Impact Investing etc., to base their full-time placement with an organization for 6 months in India.
The program is committed to helping fellows make the transition to social enterprise practitioner by enabling immersive learning experiences and having them ideate, develop, prototype and test solutions in an environment that encourages co-creation and collaboration, all while also learning from peers, resident mentors, and sector experts.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Bachelors or Masters degree.
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years of work experience.
- Proven track record of leadership responsibilities.
- A passion and desire to work in emerging markets and use social enterprise principles to solve global issues.
- An ability to quickly adapt and work in resource-constrained environments.
- The desire to engage in an intense professional development experience while applying creative solutions to deepen the impact.
- Pre-departure Virtual Training.
- Monthly Transportation Stipend of $125 (approx. INR 8500) for the 6 months of fellowship term (prorated for the first and last months).
- Housing in Bangalore for the 1st month of the fellowship term.
- Monthly capacity building workshops.
- Networking opportunities.
- An advising program that pairs fellows with local resident mentors and a curated curriculum.
- A one-week Orientation in Bangalore, India to begin the fellowship.
- Professional development and personal support from a dedicated in-country program manager.
- Post-fellowship support.
- Internationally recognized professional certification in Social Enterprise.
- Applications Open – 1st February 2019.
- Early Bird Application Deadline – 1st March 2019.
- Application Deadline – 15th April 2019.
- Fellowship Start Date – 2nd July 2019.
- Fellowship End Date – 20th December 2019.