The International Center for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS), Bangalore is organizing an Online Program on Quantum Fields, Geometry & Representation Theory from July 5 to 23, 2021.
The broad theme of this meeting will be the intersection of quantum field theory and geometric representation theory. In this way, we hope to build on and consolidate the successes of the previous meeting in our attempt to foster synergistic interactions between the mathematics and physics communities in India and across the world.
The International Centre for Theoretical Sciences, a center of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, is a research institute based in Bengaluru, India. Founded in 2007, ICTS has grown from a fledgling institution to a global center of activity in various areas of science.
The focus areas for this meeting will be:
- The Local and Global Geometric Langlands program in its various forms and extensions thereof. This includes purely mathematical approaches and also physics-inspired approaches based on Gauge theory and two-dimensional Conformal Field Theory.
- Recent advances in studying theories with eight supercharge in four and three dimensions. This includes detailed constructions of their vacuum moduli spaces, chiral ring structure, the study of dualities, exact results, connections to TQFTs, chiral algebras, etc.
The meeting will consist of several mini-courses and research talks. The talks will be spread over two-time windows to enable participation from all over the world. Every talk will have a live slot and a watch party slot. Further details will be announced in due course.
Who can Apply?
- Faculty and Postdocs working in the broad areas covered in the program are encouraged to register.
- Students from Physics and Mathematics graduate programs with interests in fields like Quantum Field Theory, String Theory, Algebraic Geometry, Complex Geometry, Representation Theory, and Symplectic Geometry are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to register is June 25, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.
For more such opportunities, check below:
- Summer School for Women in Mathematics & Statistics by ICTS, Bangalore [June 14-25]: Register by May 24.