The International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS), Bangalore invites applications from meritorious and eligible candidates for various Post-Doctoral Fellowships at the institute.
The International Centre for Theoretical Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (ICTS-TIFR), Bengaluru hosts a vibrant in-house postdoctoral program. Founded in 2007, ICTS is a new initiative in Indian science.
ICTS invites applications for various postdoctoral positions (including several prize postdoctoral fellowships like Simons, Max-Planck Partner Group, etc.) twice every year, once in summer and then in fall. Interested candidates should apply online. Applications received after the deadline may also be considered until the positions are filled.
ICTS has an active in-house research program. Current research spans the following broad areas:
- Complex systems: Non-linear dynamics and Data assimilation, Statistical physics, Fluid dynamics and turbulence, Condensed matter physics, Physical biology;
- Space-time physics: String theory and Quantum field theory, Astrophysical relativity; Mathematics: Differential geometry, Mathematical physics, Dynamical systems, Data assimilation, Monsoon dynamics, Analysis of partial differential equations, and applications.
- Other areas under active consideration are cosmology, multiscale and complex systems including interfaces with theoretical biology, computer science, and computational sciences with a strong interface to other research areas at ICTS.
Applications are invited from highly motivated young scientists with Ph.D.’s in theoretical physics, mathematics, astronomy, theoretical physical chemistry, theoretical physical biology, and related fields.
Initial appointments will be for a period of two years, which will be renewable for the third year in exceptional cases after an academic review.
- For Ph.D.: Rs. 47,000/- per month
- For Ph.D. + 1year experience: Rs. 49,000/- per month
- For Ph.D. + 2 years experience: Rs. 54,000/- per month
The postdoctoral fellows are eligible for ICTS accommodation (on/off campus) or compensation towards Housing Rent Allowance (HRA) as per current norms. The postdoctoral fellows will be entitled to medical benefits as per current norms.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is September 15, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.