Applications are invited for ICSSR Research Programme 2021-22. The last date of application is 6 September 2021.
ICSSR invites online applications from Indian Social Scientists/Research Organisations for the ICSSR Research Programme for the year 2021-22.
About ICSSR Research Programme
Research Programmes are a series of research studies undertaken simultaneously or sequentially on themes of significance and priority in Social Sciences. These studies, identified by the ICSSR from time to time, are expected to be inter-institutional or inter-disciplinary or multi-disciplinary in nature for critical understanding of social science research and develop deeper understanding in terms of theory, methodology and policy outcome. However, high impact studies which are broad in character but fall within the ambit of a single discipline may also be considered.
- ICSSR Research Institutes/Institutes of national importance as defined by the Ministry of Education (MoE)/ UGC (University Grants Commission) recognized Indian universities / deemed universities under 12 B etc. are eligible to apply. However, other registered organisations with established research and academic standing may collaborate with any of the above mentioned institutions for implementation of the study and may form a joint team consisting of Project Director, Co-Director/s etc. Such collaborations have to be clearly stated in application itself.
- Project Director should be an Associate Professor (regular employee) and above. Both the Project Director and Co- Project Director must possess a Ph.D. degree and a proven track record of high quality research as evidenced by past studies, publications and their academic background. The condition of Ph.D. for a Co-Project Director can be relaxed if he/she has very credible research publications.
- Retired faculties with proven research record can also apply under the scheme but they would be required to form a team and get themselves affiliated to any of the research institutions mentioned in clause 2.1
- Civil servants and senior defence officers of not less than 25 years of regular service and demonstrable research experience through publications of books/research papers/reports/ policy documents etc. may also apply, preferably in collaboration with a faculty in a social science discipline from institutions given in 2.1 above.
- Individual scholars can apply maximum of two projects at a time. However, in case both projects are selected, the applicant can choose only one project. Institutes having good research infrastructure and resources may affiliate a number of Project Directors.
Interested candidates can apply online via this page.
- Project staff could be engaged by the Project Director on a full/ Part-time basis during the research work and the duration/ consolidated monthly emoluments of their employment may be decided by the project director within the limits of the sanctioned financial allocation and as per the ICSSR rules.
- Research Associate @ Rs. 25, 000/- p.m. (Qualification – Post graduate in social science discipline (55% minimum) with NET /M.Phil/ Ph.D)
- Research Assistant @ Rs.20, 000/- p.m. (Qualification-Ph. D./M.Phil./ Post graduate in social science discipline with minimum 55%)
- Field Investigator @ Rs.15, 000/-p.m. (not exceeding 6 months) (Qualification- Post graduate in social science discipline with minimum 55%).
- Retrospective payment for work already done is not permissible.
Research Programmes can be for a maximum period of two years.
Last date for online submission of application is September 6, 2021 (Monday).
You may also be interested in: