Applications are invited for ICSSR Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2021. The last date of application is 26 August 2021.
About ICSSR Post-Doctoral Fellowship
The main objective of ICSSR Post-Doctoral Fellowship is to encourage and retain young Indian Social Science scholars who have completed their Ph.D. and wish to pursue a regular career in teaching and research. They should have a high potential and promise for conducting full time research on specific themes and issues. These studies are expected to contribute to theoretical and conceptual advancement in different disciplines, help to generate field work based empirical data and contribute towards policy making.
The broad disciplines of study, within the domain of social sciences are:
- Social Work
- Social Anthropology
- Cultural Studies
- Socio-Sanskrit Studies
- Socio-Philosophical Studies
- Social Linguistics
- Gender Studies
- Health Studies
- Political Science
- International Studies
- Public Administration
- Diaspora Studies
- National Security and Strategic Studies
- Social Psychology
- Legal Studies
- Social Geography
- Environmental Studies
- Modern Social History
- Media Studies
- Library Science
- The scholar should not be more than 45 years of age as on the last date of application. There shall be an age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability candidates;
- The scholar must possess Ph.D. degree in any of the social science disciplines at the time of application.
- A fellow must affiliate himself/herself to an ICSSR Research Institute/Institutes of national importance, approved by MHRD/government research institutes/public funded Indian university including deemed university/college having approved Ph.D. programme and requisite research infrastructure of his/her choice. Funds are disbursed through the affiliating/administering institution.
- The selected fellow has to work under the guidance of a senior social scientist (not below Associate Professor with sufficient research supervision experience and publications). The supervisor should not be superannuated and must be in regular employment at the time of application and should belong to the affiliating institution in the same discipline as that of the applicant. In case of inter-disciplinary proposals, the supervisor should have proven expertise in the area of research proposed by the scholar. The selection of the supervisor is subject to the approval of the ICSSR.
- Faculties with regular service in public funded universities/colleges and research institutes getting UGC pay-scales may be considered for pay protection in exceptionally meritorious cases which is to be decided by the Expert Committees of the ICSSR. The Expert Committee of the ICSSR also reserves the right to convert a fellowship proposal into a Project Proposal.
Duration & Amount
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship is a full time research work.
- The duration of the fellowship is strictly for two years.
- The value of the fellowship is Rs.31,000 per month and contingency grant is Rs. 25,000/- per annum.
- Under Salary protection, a fellow is entitled to salary and allowances admissible as per rules and contingency grant of Rs. 25,000/-p.a. However, special allowances like children education allowance, medical reimbursement, LTC, etc. are not admissible from ICSSR. The parent institution may, however, pay/reimburse the same as per its rule.
- The ICSSR shall also pay the leave salary and pension contribution or contribution towards CPF and gratuity for the period for which he/she holds the ICSSR’s fellowship as per rules of the parent institution.
- Interested candidates can apply via this page.
- The last date for online submission of application is 26 August 2021, 5 :00 PM.
You may also be interested in: