Proposals are now invited for the ICSSR-MOST (Taiwan) Joint Call for Research Proposals 2022.
Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) was established in the year of 1969 by the Government of India to promote research in social sciences in the country.
The Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) and Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST), Taipei, Taiwan jointly signed a memorandum of understanding to encourage bilateral cooperation in the field of social sciences and exchange visits, exchanges of scholars, and promote bilateral joint research projects. Under this bilateral agreement, the research proposals are invited for grants for joint research projects between Indian and Taiwanese researchers in the field of Humanities and Social Sciences. The emphasis will be laid on new and emerging themes of mutual importance and strengthening of relationships.
This India-Taiwan (ICSSR-MOST) bilateral collaborative research project must be jointly discussed and submitted by the project hosts (Principal Investigators) of India and Taiwan. Among them, the Indian host must apply to the ICSSR in accordance with the regulations of the call guideline; the Taiwanese host of their plan must apply to the MOST for “bilateral agreement expansion’’ “Add-on International Cooperation Research Project”.
- Economic/ Commerce/ Management/ Business Administration
- Sociology and Social Anthropology/ Social Work/ Demography/ Gender Studies
- Political Science/International Relations/ Geography/ Public Administration
- Psychology/ Education/ Criminology/ Law
- Cultural Studies
- Area Studies
- Other areas mutually agreed upon by Parties
- Applicants must be employed in a research or academic position in recognized research or academic institution – either publicly funded university/ college, deemed universities recognized by the UGC or a publicly funded research institute, or an ICSSR research institute.
- They must also hold a Ph.D. or equivalent qualification and have an interest in high-quality research which may be evident by past studies, publications, and academic background.
Up to 03 joint research projects would be supported against the present call. The financial support is available basically for the mobility of researchers from each side. Funding for this grant is at a maximum amount of Rs. 12, 00,000 (Rupees Twelve Lakh only) for each project.
Call for Proposals
To download the application form, click here.
Applications must be submitted to (Contact Details): ICSSR, New Delhi: M.P.Madhukar, Deputy Director & In-charge, International Collaboration Programme, Indian Council of Social Science Research, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, JNU Institutional Area, New Delhi – 110 067, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The last date to submit your proposal is April 15, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.