The ICMR-National Institute of Virology, Kerala invites applications for various project positions purely on a temporary contract basis for our ad-hoc research project titled, “Clinical and epidemiological study of Lyme disease: A Multi-Centric taskforce study in India.”, through Interview via video conference at ICMR-National Institute of Virology, Kerala Unit, E-Block, 2nd floor, Govt. T. D. M. C. Hospital Complex, Vandanam, Alappuzha–688005, Kerala, India.
The post details are given below.
1. Project Technical Assistant (01)
- Field work for ticks collection from forest area and rodent capture for ecto parasite collection
- Molecular analysis for pathogen detection from ticks and other insect vectors.
- Graduate in Biological Science/ relevant subjects/ from a recognized university with three years work experience from a recognized institution or Master’s degree in the biological science subject.
- Zoology or Entomology or Life science or field survey experience in wildlife, knowledge of Computer and basic field data collection.
- Work experience in the ticks/ mosquito biology and ecology/ field data collection for tick fauna/ DNA barcoding/ molecular phylogen.
Rs. 31,000/- per month
You might also be interested in Junior Research Fellows at NICED, Kolkata: Walk in Interview on Dec 15.
2. Staff Nurse (01)
Field work for Blood sample collection from different hospitals of Kerala.
- Diploma in Nursing or Midwifery (GNM) or equivalent and registered nurse or ANM with any state Nursing council.
- Public health hospital experience.
- Working experience in field survey.
Rs. 31,500/- per month
You might also be interested in Project Positions at NIAB, Hyderabad [8 Vacancies]: Apply by Dec 8.
3. Project Technician-‘III’ (01)
- Molecular analysis for pathogen detection from blood/ ticks and other insect vectors.
- Lab management.
- Preparation and maintain lab register and records.
- Coordination with laboratory staff.
- Any other duties that are assigned by the PI from time to time.
- 12th pass in Science subjects and Two years diploma in Medical Laboratory Technician or related subject or
- One year DMLT plus one year required experience in a recognized organization or Two years field/ laboratory
experience in Government recognized organization.
- B.Sc. degree shall be treated as 3 years experience.
Rs. 18,000/- per month
How to Apply?
- To download the application form, click here.
- Candidate must submit his/ her duly filled in application form in the prescribed format with a recent passport size color photograph along with a detailed bio-data/ C.V. and all relevant documents; in original; with one set of self attested photocopies, in proof of his/ her educational qualifications [all certificates and mark-sheets from 10th Std.onwards], working experience, age, and photo id [Aadhar Card/ Indian Passport/ PAN Card/ Driving License] etc., to our email id: firstname.lastname@example.org failing which his/ her candidature will not be considered.
- Number of vacancies may vary.
- The position is meant for temporary extramural project for appointment purely on temporary contract basis and co-terminus with the project.
- The last date to apply is December 18, 2020.
- No candidate shall be entertained after their allotted time slot on the day of interview.
For full notification, click the link below.