About the Fellowship
The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi in collaboration with Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh will hold a National level online examination for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF), for Indian National candidates at Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi (NCR), Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Srinagar (J&K) and Varanasi on Sunday, July 12, 2020.
No. of Fellowships
- A total of 150 Fellowships would be awarded
- 120 fellowships in the field of Biomedical Sciences with emphasis on Life Sciences (like microbiology, physiology, molecular biology, genetics, human biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, biophysics, immunology, pharmacology, nursing, zoology, botany, environmental sciences and veterinary Medicine (excluding Agriculture extension/ Soil Sciences, etc.) and
- 30 fellowships for the work with an emphasis on Social Sciences like psychology, sociology, home science, statistics anthropology, social work, public health/health economics (agriculture economics will not be considered).
- Educational Qualification: MSc/MA or equivalent degree with minimum 55% marks for General/EWS/OBC candidates and 50% for the SC/ST and PwBD candidates in the subjects mentioned above. Candidates appearing in the final year examination in 2019-2020 session can also apply
- Age Limit: The upper age limit for admission to the eligibility test is 28 years as on 30-09-2020 (relaxable upto five years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST, PwBD and female candidates and three years in the case of OBC)
- Rs.1500/- (General/EWS/OBC) + Transaction charges as applicable.
- Rs. 1200/- (SC/ST) + Transaction charges as applicable.
- PwBD exempted from payment of fee
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the fellowship through PGIMER website or ICMR website.
- Only online application will be accepted, no other mode of submission of application will be accepted.
- Start date of filling of online application form: April 27, 2020
- Last date for filling of online application form: May 27, 2020