Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for the JRF of ICHR. The selected fellows will be awarded fellowship of Rs. 17600/- (Rupees seventeen thousand and six hundred only) per month plus contingency grant of Rs. 16500/- (Rupees sixteen thousand and five hundred only) per annum for a period of Two years.
The maximum number of Junior Research Fellowships to be awarded for 2018-2019 are eighty (80) only, applying the usual reservation for SC, ST & PwD.
The Fellowship is a whole-time engagement for research work and cannot be combined with any other whole-time or part-time work.
The period of the Fellowship shall be for a maximum period of Two years.
Award of JRF will be based on a written Entrance Test only.
Candidates who have registered in recognized Universities for Ph.D. programme in History and its allied subjects are eligible to apply for the Fellowship (JRF).
- Ancient Indian History
- Medieval Indian History
- Modern Indian History
- Online submission of JRF application opens on: 14.12.2017
- Last date for online submission: 14.01.2018
- Last date for submitting printouts of applications submitted online: 24.01.2018
- The JRF examination will be held on: 11.03.2018 (between 10-00am & 1-00pm)
- 30 Objective type questions for one mark each (Total 30 marks).
- Total 12 Short Essay type questions out of which any 06 questions should be attempted in about 100 words each. Each question carries 05 marks. (Total 30 marks).
- Total 06 Long Essay type questions out of which any 02 questions should be attempted in about 500 words each. Each question carries 20 marks. (Total 40 marks).
- In the question paper cum Answer Sheet booklet, sufficient blank sheets are provided for answering essay type questions also. No additional sheets are permitted.
The examination will be held at following centres of ICHR:
- New Delhi
How to Apply?
- Eligible and interested scholars may apply on-line through the ICHR website.
- Hard copy of the application generated after filling of online application [with auto generated number] duly signed and along with the requisite documents should be submitted.
- The applicant should attach self attested copies of the certificates of educational qualifications, date of birth, experience and signed copy of check list etc., and send by post to the contact address given below.
- An application fee of 200/- (Rupees two hundred only) shall be paid in the form of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of the DDO, ICHR, [payable at Delhi]. (Candidates belonging to SC/ST/Persons with Disability (PWD) category are exempted from payment of the fee).
- Submission of application both online and printout of the same along with computer generated unique ID number is mandatory. Hard copies of applications without unique Id. Number will not be accepted.
Second class (sleeper) Railway or bus fare chargeable by the shortest routes from Railway Station/Bus Stand nearest to their normal place of residence or from where they actually perform the journey, whichever is nearer to the place of examination will be reimbursed to the SC/ST and PwD candidates on production of ticket(s), provided the distance travelled is not less than 30 kms.)
- All JRF applicants should apply through proper channel (Recommended by the Research Supervisor and Forwarded by the Head of the Department/Centre/Principal). Besides the Hall-tickets the candidates are required to produce their photo ID card authenticated by their respective Universities.
- Indian Council of Historical Research reserves the right:
- to fix criteria for screening the applications of the candidates for their suitability to take examination;
- to decrease the number of fellowships on its own discretion.
- not to award any of the advertised fellowships.
- Application of Reservation rules in the award of Fellowships is subject to certain clarifications to be received from the Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India.
- . Applications for JRF should be submitted along with non-refundable fee of Rs. 200/- in the form of Demand Draft/Bankers Cheque drawn in favour of “DDO, ICHR” payable at Delhi. (Any deviation from the prescribed mode of payment will not be acceptable.)
- Incomplete applications as well as the applications received after the prescribed date will be rejected.
- Online submission of application is a must and can be done via ICHR website.
Indian Council of Historical Research
No. 35 Ferozeshah Road
New Delhi – 110001
For further details on the same, click here.