The ICGEB SMART Fellowship program promotes the mobility of researchers between the ICGEB Member States as a way of enhancing skill development, acquisition of specific hands-on training in new technologies and increasing cooperation in science and technology and should show clear evidence of strong collaboration between the two laboratories.
The program promotes the mobility of researchers between the ICGEB Member States as a way of enhancing skill development, acquisition of specific hands-on training in technologies available in the receiving laboratory and increasing bilateral cooperation in science and technology, and should show clear evidence of strong collaboration between the two laboratories.
- Applications are welcome in any area of the Life Sciences.
- The call is open to nationals of ICGEB Member States and provides fellowships to scientists in the early stage of their career wishing to spend between 3 and 9 months at a research institution in an ICGEB Member State other than their own.
- SMART Fellowships are intended to promote collaboration among researchers in ICGEB Member Countries. Mobility support to laboratories located in Italy, India and South Africa can be considered under exceptional circumstances and only if the research activity proposed is not covered by one of the ICGEB laboratories in Trieste, New Delhi or Cape Town.
- There is no age limit. However, preference is given to young scientists at the beginning of their research career.
- Applicants should be either registered for a Ph.D. or have obtained their Ph.D. degree within the last 5 years.
- Young scientists holding an MSc or equivalent can apply.
Awards are for a minimum of 3 to a maximum of 9 months. The fellowship covers international economy return travel, health insurance plus subsistence of the fellow only.
The stipend ranges from US$ 800 to 1,500 per month according to local conditions in the receiving country and seniority of the applicant. Additionally, a US$ 500 monthly bench fee can be paid directly to the receiving laboratory based on the recommendation of the ICGEB Fellowships Committee.
Phone Number: +39-040-3757382
Email ID: email@example.com