Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the ICGEB Arturo Falaschi Short-term PhD Fellowships 2022.
About the ICGEB Arturo Falaschi Short-term PhD Fellowships
ICGEB offers Short-term fellowships for Pre-doctoral studies in ICGEB Component laboratories to fund ongoing collaborative research between scientists from ICGEB Member States and research groups at ICGEB laboratories in Trieste, Italy, New Delhi, India and Cape Town, South Africa, with the aim of facilitating access to the latest research techniques and to strengthen capacity building.
- Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State and may not apply for fellowships to be undertaken in their country of origin, unless working abroad at the time of application.
- Degree requirements: applicants for ICGEB Trieste and Cape Town should hold a BSc (Honours) degree; applicants for ICGEB New Delhi should hold a MSc degree.
- Candidates must have a good working knowledge of the English language, supported by a proficiency certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate, or equivalent). Not required when scholastic education has been undertaken in English.
- Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 1,300, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,020, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 14,000.
- Travel: the fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the participant’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
- Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
- Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
- The ICGEB Fellowships Selection Committee will evaluate complete applications received by the closing date. The candidates will be notified of the outcome by e-mail as soon as possible following the closing date for applications.
- The main criteria for selection includes the scientific excellence of the project, the qualities of the candidate’s CV and the potential benefit for the home country.
Documents to be uploaded
Please note that you will be requested to upload the following documents (pdf files):
- Your full CV
- Written Statement from the ICGEB Group Leader
- A valid identification document (passport or identity card)
- English Certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge or similar). This document is not requested when scholastic education has been undertaken in English.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the fellowship through this link.
March 31, 2022