International Center for Journalists TruthBuzz Fellowships for Media Professionals, USA: Apply by April 29
About the fellowship
The goal of TruthBuzz: increase audience trust in news media by communicating fact-checked information in a compelling, sharable way. TruthBuzz Fellows will be change-makers who can drive the adoption of new ways of making facts go as viral. ICFJ will collaborate with First Draft, a project of the Shorenstein Center at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- The partner newsroom has to be located in one of the five target countries: Brazil, India, Indonesia, Nigeria and the United States
- The partner should be engaged in regular fact-checking and be interested in innovative projects that take fact-checking viral.
- The partner should have infrastructure to support the TruthBuzz Fellow including different digital teams (for example: an audience-engagement team, video team, interactives desk). The partner newsroom should be willing and able to continue the Fellow’s work after the program ends.
- The partner should be willing to designate a point-person or two to liaise with ICFJ and First Draft staff.
- The partner newsroom’s reporting must adhere to the highest ethical standards of fact-checking.
How to apply
If your newsroom is interested in becoming a newsroom partner, please reach out to Alexsandra Canedo (email@example.com) or Cassandra Balfour (firstname.lastname@example.org).
International Center for Journalists
Washington, DC 20036
For full details, please visit the fellowship website link given here
About the Author