The ICAR Research Complex for North Eastern Hill Region (ICAR RC NEH) was established on 9th January 1975 under the aegis of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR). This is the first of its kind set up by ICAR, which encompasses all the disciplines of agriculture, horticulture, animal sciences, agricultural engineering, agroforestry, fishery and social sciences to cater to the research needs of the tribal areas of NEH Region including Sikkim.
Eligible candidates are invited to attend walk-in-interview to be held on Sep 5, 2019, at 10:30 AM in the ATIC Building for the position of Simulation Modeling, Natural Resource Management, Livestock Production, Crop Production and NRM.
National Innovation in Climate Resilient Agriculture (NICRA)
No. of Posts
- Simulation Modeling (YP-II): 01
- Natural Resource Management (YP-II): 02
- Livestock Production (YP-II): 01
- Crop Production (YP-I): 01
- NRM (YP-I): 01
Essential and Desirable Qualification
|Post||Essential Qualification||Desirable Qualification|
|Simulation Modeling||Graduate Degree in Engineering/Technology/Agricultural Engineering||Experience with evidence in crop and Hydrological models, GIS & remote sensing. Preference will be given to Mtech./MCA/M.Sc. Degree holders in Soil Water conservation Engineering/Geo-informatics, Hydrology/Remote Sensing-GIS/IT/Computer Science|
|Natural Resource Management||M.Sc. In Soil Science/Agronomy||Experience with evidence in carbon sequestration study/organic matter management/GHG emission study/conservation agriculture/soil and plant analysis/Experience in laboratory analysis, handling equipment and research facilities|
|Livestock Production||Graduate in Veterinary science||Experience with evidence in Livestock/poultry production. Preference will be given to M.V.Sc./M.Sc. Degree holders in Veterinary Science/Poultry Science/Livestock production management|
|Crop Production||B.Sc. (Ag.) in Agriculture||M.Sc. In Soil Science/Agronomy with experience in soil/plant/water analysis and computer knowledge|
|NRM||B.Sc. in Biochemistry||Experience in soil/plant/water analysis|
- Simulation Modeling: Rs. 25,000/- (Fixed)
- Natural Resource Management: Rs. 25,000/- (Fixed)
- Livestock Production: Rs. 25,000/- (Fixed)
- Crop Production: Rs. 15,000/- (Fixed)
- NRM: Rs. 15,000/- (Fixed)
Nature and Duration of Position
The engagement of YP-II and YP-I will be purely contractual, initially for a period of 12 months, extendable to a maximum of another term based on the need of the institute and performance of the candidate.
- Candidates should also bring an application with full bio-data addressed to the Director, ICAR Research Complex for NEH Region, Umiam, Meghalaya with photocopies with certificates, mark sheets from HSLC onwards (self-attested). A recent passport size photograph should be affixed on the top of the application.
- No TA/DA and official accommodation will be provided for appearing in interview.